Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
wow... ehh. from what i know. no. maybe you can knurl the skirts and then, maybe then you can reuse them.. but that scratch on the lands between the rings dont look good...

idk. my opinion.

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Do not knurl pistons, its a complete waste of time.
i beg to differ. Rescino performance engines in san francisco did a test. knurled and not knurled.

the pistons that were not knurled in the 454 big block had 385 horsepower.

the pistons that WERE knurled in the 454 big block same internals and everything GAINDED 20hp on the engine dyno. and +5 rwhp.

think about it. the oil "sits" in the divets from the "stamp" and allows the piston to cyl wall to be more lubricated. allowin the piston to move with less effort.

Proven fact

believe what you want.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
i beg to differ. Rescino performance engines in san francisco did a test. knurled and not knurled.

the pistons that were not knurled in the 454 big block had 385 horsepower.

the pistons that WERE knurled in the 454 big block same internals and everything GAINDED 20hp on the engine dyno. and +5 rwhp.

think about it. the oil "sits" in the divets from the "stamp" and allows the piston to cyl wall to be more lubricated. allowin the piston to move with less effort.

Proven fact

believe what you want.
Really hard for me to belive that and for all that work and the possibility of not only cracking your pistons but also the fact that knurling doesnt last the life of the piston but infact does wear down and increase cylinder wall clearance faster than a normal piston wears.

Maybie its true, but for the machining and risks involved its not worth it.

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
macro setting is the lil flower on ur camera.. it lets it focus ALOT better on upclose pics..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts