Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a d15b7 eg8 my problem is that my thermostat is showin the im running really really hot like on the H and sometimes in the red i replaced my radiator wit a racing radiator and the problem still keeps hapenning and now my car idles all wrong and it sound really rough now, can anyone help me?

·
Registered
422 Posts
You mean your temp gauge shows your running hot?

The first thing you should have replaced is the thermostat. Are you losing antifreeze? How often do you have to add some? Did you bleed the air out of the cooling system after you replaced the radiator?

Could be alot of things including a blown headgasket.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it goes hot and then goes normal back and forth and my engine sound really wierd and yes i bled the colling system and im not loosing anitfreeze do u think i have a blown head gasket?

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,949 Posts
Quick jacking in progress. What exactly is the proper procedure for "bleeding the coolant system"?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fill the radiator to the top of the rim and basically open the bleeder vavle till the liquid comes out in a steady stream and with out any pauses or bubbles then tighten the bleeder bolt and fill the rdiator back up to the neck recap and turn on ur car let warm up and let the fan come on atleast twice then when cool open the radiator cap and add liquid untill fill and fill the resivour up to the max and there u have it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just went to the shop and they confirmed that i have a bad head gasket and need to pressure test my head, i really have no time to do this so im just selling my car nothin else is wrong wit the car they said because i had a complete check done on it but in any case the car is goin for $1500.00 or best offer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.