Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i did my mini me and the car runs and sound perfect im using a unchipped p28 ecu but the car once in a while when i really hot is over heating i never stop the car but nothing never happens just the idle goes up and them is like it cool down my friend was telling me that i need to remove the thermostat

how true is that? do i need to remove the thermostat???

thanks

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
maybe air bubbles in the cooling system. Try bleeding the system first, then flush and then if all else fails...get a thermostat. Also check to see if your fan is cutting on at the proper time, might be time for a water temp sensor.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
na dude everything is plug right, i will change my coolant and along with the oil because i havent change it since mini me, and my friend was actually talking about taking the thermostat out for good and put some glue on it, also remove the vtec solinoic and cut some spring that way vtec will hit harder

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Kill your friend for his stupidity, DO NOT LET HIM procreate!

Cleanse the gene pool by eliminating him.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
your friend is a moron, stock tstat is fine for y7/y8, you either have air in the system or faulty tstat something else wrong like fan switch no plugged in right frayed wires or something with the radiator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts