Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while taking a Y8 head off, the thing broke off even though there was hardly any force applied.

#11 in this picture above. It's on the head, flywheel side, under the distributor next to the water temp sensor. 10mm bolt sensor, single wire.

What exactly does it do and is it necessary? Finding this part is a bitch and if possible, I'd like to delete it altogether if it's not necessary or critical.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
its for the temp gauge...

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
did the same thing when i did a mini me swap a couple years ago. Figured it would be pretty cheap to replace since it was so small.

Ended up being about $70 to replace both sensors over there from honda =\

Easy mistake, bet you won't do it again =P

GL

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stupid thing is, it wasn't a mistake. I pretty much touched it and it came off. We're trying to figure out if it can be reused or not. I mean, it looks simple enough to do something without having to spend something like 20-30 usd on it (which is what we're being quoted here in India in one of the local shops.) Don't understand why Honda made such a design when they could've just had a simple plug-in connector like they have for the 3 million other sensors on the engine. Stupid.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
Pictures of the broken one? Mine was a bitch to replace a while back when I did it. I paid $20 for a brand new temp gauge sender from advance auto.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Unless you're offering free shipping, the deal will end up becoming ridiculously stupid :bigok:

I was thinking more along the lines of you pay shipping and fees, and one of us sends you one for close to nothing...

I don't know if you have junkyards or anything like that over their but just about every Honda uses the same sending unit.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Sorry to threadjack here a bit, but can anyone tell me what #24 is?? I have that style housing and I cannot find any pics in my service manual that shows where those hoses go. The Y8 was not my original motor, so I have no reference. Can anyone assist?

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
hes from india.. im sure its gonna cost you some money to ship it there lol
its not very big of a part and im still in the gift givin mood, specially for something so easy for me to get over here being i have 4 spare heads and like ten of those sensors laying around that are all known working i just like to hoard parts i dont need :wacko:

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

Sorry to threadjack here a bit, but can anyone tell me what #24 is?? I have that style housing and I cannot find any pics in my service manual that shows where those hoses go. The Y8 was not my original motor, so I have no reference. Can anyone assist?
Fan switch
Wrong....number 12 is the fan switch....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts