Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just put a new HU in my car and ever since my last HU was stolen outta my truck i've been curious whats the best way to theft proof a CD player? I've thought about welding up a bracket, but it would still have to be connected by bolts...kinda defeating the purpose. Anyone got anything? Oh yeah car is alarm is outta the ? for now so don't say it lol. Thanks ya

·
Registered
480 Posts
my suggestions if u don't want to relocate it.. weld that bracket up and use lots of screws or different sizes of bolts or screws...as soon as they that they will just bounce...

that or you will put so much into keeping it in there once they get in your car they are gonna trash the hell out of it trying to get it out and end up causing more damage then the stereo was worht

just take the face plate off and be done with it. if the faceplate doesn't coem off then screw it,

if it is a good stereo worth saving u should be able to afford a good alarm!

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,388 Posts
theres no such thing as theft proofing. trust me i know. alarms dont work either.

you can take the face off. thats about all i can tell u.

my old ej was stolen twice and broken into several times. i had a fuel cutoff. and an alarm. i wasnt home. tow trucks get u every time

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
theres no such thing as theft proofing. trust me i know. alarms dont work either.

you can take the face off. thats about all i can tell u.

my old ej was stolen twice and broken into several times. i had a fuel cutoff. and an alarm. i wasnt home. tow trucks get u every time
yup if they want it bad enough they'll take it jus like they did my hatch! i had the face plate w/me and they stole the whole car with alarm,fuel cut off and it came back stripped w/o the hu i had the face to!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
That wont work. Down here if a thief can't get it out, they simply destroy it. Get an alarm. Yes I said it.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
That wont work. Down here if a thief can't get it out, they simply destroy it. Get an alarm. Yes I said it.
Exactly.

I'm gonna be brutally honest, making a thread asking how to protect your car but saying an alarm is out of the question is simply retarded. Put a mean ass dog in the back seat when you park? I mean, this is why they MAKE alarms. To prevent theft, and if you are intelligent, it can help. Relocated alarm with a backup battery, 2 horns outside, 2 horns inside to make their ears bleed. :TU:

Making your shit impossible to get out will only cause them to fuck your dash to hell, then smash your radio. Then you are out a dash AND a radio.

One last thing, and honestly, this is a flame, Why the FUCK can't you type out "question"? If you are so pressed for time that you can't type in english, please, DON'T POST.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
I'm so glad i live in between two cornfields right now. I leave my shit unlocked with the windows down all the time.

Sorry to hear about this shit guys. I have theiving MFR's
I suddenly hate you and your damned cornfields. One of the reasons I haven't fixed my dents and put all the inside panels back on is I kinda like my car looking like a POS that isn't worth stealing...

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
I suddenly hate you and your damned cornfields. One of the reasons I haven't fixed my dents and put all the inside panels back on is I kinda like my car looking like a POS that isn't worth stealing...
Me too!!! Sleeper FTW! and I keep my car under video surveillance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never thought I would get flamed for using a question mark instead of saying question......I've got bigger things to worry about...lol I'm only 16 and new to this whole car thing so relax im learning! Again thanks for the input, I'm pretty sure the pennies are going towards and alarm now.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Never thought I would get flamed for using a question mark instead of saying question......I've got bigger things to worry about...lol I'm only 16 and new to this whole car thing so relax im learning! Again thanks for the input, I'm pretty sure the pennies are going towards and alarm now.
You'll learn, I'm an asshole about people shortcutting typing. The people that type like they are in an AOL chat room don't learn SHIT cause we go grammer nazi on their asses. Our position is, if you want help, don't make your post hard to read. No, thats not directed at you, you're post wasn't hard to read, that question mark just annoyed me. lol

So why no alarm? Care to elaborate on that?

·
Registered
1993 civicEX
206 Posts
You'll learn, I'm an asshole about people shortcutting typing. The people that type like they are in an AOL chat room don't learn SHIT cause we go grammer nazi on their asses. Our position is, if you want help, don't make your post hard to read. No, thats not directed at you, you're post wasn't hard to read, that question mark just annoyed me. lol

So why no alarm? Care to elaborate on that?
becuase his parents wont pay for it:haha: but dont ever make it hard to steal im not saying dont lock your doors because thats just why they have the locking system. If someone wants it they are gonna steal it my friend had a truck on baggs and he had it sitting on the frame "illigally parked" according to the towtruck company and they hooked a chain to his front bumper ripped it off and then grabbed onto the hook and pulled it onto the bed ripping the back bumper off. the funny part is they would have legally done it all if they hadnt left the front bumper in the grass. long story short they payed for a brand new truck and all the equipment for it

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
someone recommend a good alarm thats worth having.
ANYTHING by DEI

my favorite is a 791xv so far

2 way paging
awesome range
turbo timer
programmable
you can add a GPS device to locate it if its stolen
etc...etc...etc...

you get what you pay for

·
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS
^^
980 Posts
I'm so glad i live in between two cornfields right now. I leave my shit unlocked with the windows down all the time.

Sorry to hear about this shit guys. I have theiving MFR's
not even that is safe. I live a half mile down a driveway between a lake and an Amish farm. Someone stole a three wheeler out of our BACK garage which is behind the house and never got caught. And we live next to a public water authority (the lake is theirs) and they didn't get anything on camera.

If you want to be really cheap you could always try a fake timer light to make them think you have an alarm till you get one.

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
not even that is safe. I live a half mile down a driveway between a lake and an Amish farm. Someone stole a three wheeler out of our BACK garage which is behind the house and never got caught. And we live next to a public water authority (the lake is theirs) and they didn't get anything on camera.

If you want to be really cheap you could always try a fake timer light to make them think you have an alarm till you get one.
Amish huh? Ohio or PA?

I had a dirtbike stole before man. I took like 6 months and when they found it, it was 100% raped. It was sad. Sad thing is the dude who stole it from me only live 3miles away so I probably heard his ass riding it around somedays.

Whatever though I took him to court and got my money so I'm happy

Yes I've thought about the fake timer light, but it's a double edged sword because then people will think that it may be worth stealing so if they go for it there is no real protection.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts