Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best performance tranny i can use that matches well with a jdm zc head swap? and what model civic/acura would i find it in?

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the body is a 89-90 crx hf with special mods, for all i know it could be the original block with a vtec swap. the bottom is a sohc zc nonvtec. with a 93 vtec head.

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I vote Ban hammer
ban hammer? whos hammer? u lost me. You should be aware that im looking for LEGITIMATE answers!, keep the hating to a minimum please, thank you.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
the body is a 89-90 crx hf with special mods, for all i know it could be the original block with a vtec swap. the bottom is a sohc zc nonvtec. with a 93 vtec head.

Ok that helped, theres no good tranny to go with just the head tho lol. But the one you want is a 88-91 Si tranny. Thats the best D series cable tranny.

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok that helped, theres no good tranny to go with just the head tho lol. But the one you want is a 88-91 Si tranny. Thats the best D series cable tranny.
alrite, i just figured that since the configuration was LEGOED together that maybe there was a tranny other than the obvious one that could add some quicker gear shifting, i was hoping maybe you would say an acura or something. guess not. that'll work i guess 'preciate it.

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o, ok i see what u meant, no i meant the entire swap, lol, not just the head.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
what are the special mods? Do those include gay pink unicorns?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
I differ.

Running a ZC tranny.

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
what are the special mods? Do those include gay pink unicorns?
the special modifications are on the cars BODY as previously stated, as in body work? wtf is up with the pink unicorns anyways? the question is about the tranny not a trannie. if you want to see pics got to either my profile or v gallery if you need "visual" clarification. smart guys can figure it out, it would be the car with the obvious "mods" done to the body.

An actual zc tranny? that IS gonna be tough to find, the one i have now im assuming is an a6 but i didnt buy the car from the guy who built it, just the guy he built it for. so for right now my best choice would be an si tranny. alrite thnx

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
everyone here knows the ZChead is fucking garbage for NA or stock power, except for the cam

bigass combustion chamber FTL

ninja, stop being disrespectful and lighten the fuck up

·
Registered
740 Posts
everyone here knows the ZChead is fucking garbage for NA or stock power, except for the cam

bigass combustion chamber FTL
REALLY? I didn't know this... cuz I'm about to get a car with a zc swap in it... would you suggest switching to a different head like a z6 or d15b? Or keep it as is... keep in mind I'm going to boost it also...

ninja, stop being disrespectful and lighten the fuck up
Yea man, you just gotta ignore the jerks and prove your not here to bs anyone or something... your questions seem to be legit to me, you just gotta lighten up some dude.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
REALLY? I didn't know this... cuz I'm about to get a car with a zc swap in it... would you suggest switching to a different head like a z6 or d15b? Or keep it as is... keep in mind I'm going to boost it also...

Yea man, you just gotta ignore the jerks and prove your not here to bs anyone or something... your questions seem to be legit to me, you just gotta lighten up some dude.
a full ZC is fine

its the ZC head itself that required honda to throw terribly designed dome pistons to make decent compression.

if you want high compression in a ZC you will be running any D series head.

a head off a d15b2/7 or d16a6 is the closest thing to the sohc non-vtec ehad and its a nice compression increase

But if you are going boost, I think a Z6 or Y8 head will serve you best. If you go the cheap route of Vitara pistons, I would go with the d16y8 head since it has the smallest combustion chamber (makes up for the vitara super big dish)

but if you actually get real turbo aftermarket pistons, the Z6 head flows the best, and without any machinging, tehcnically should grab best POTENTIAL power.

Im no genius, so I might not be accurate. research will show youmuch better then I ever can!

·
Registered
740 Posts
a full ZC is fine

its the ZC head itself that required honda to throw terribly designed dome pistons to make decent compression.

if you want high compression in a ZC you will be running any D series head.

a head off a d15b2/7 or d16a6 is the closest thing to the sohc non-vtec ehad and its a nice compression increase

But if you are going boost, I think a Z6 or Y8 head will serve you best. If you go the cheap route of Vitara pistons, I would go with the d16y8 head since it has the smallest combustion chamber (makes up for the vitara super big dish)

but if you actually get real turbo aftermarket pistons, the Z6 head flows the best, and without any machinging, tehcnically should grab best POTENTIAL power.

Im no genius, so I might not be accurate. research will show youmuch better then I ever can!
Yea, I haven't actually done any research on it yet because I haven't even driven this car yet and don't know how strong the motor is if I'll actually go through with boosting it. I just saw your comment and thought I would ask lol

I'm not planning on building the block/head either if I do, just a 57 trim on low boost and a good tune will be good since it'll still be my daily. That setup SHOULD spool at high rpm's leaving me not going into boost a lot daily driving it... correct me if my theory is wrong but that's the plan so far.

Thanks a lot for all the info and help man!

Sorry to thread jack ninja, proceed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts