Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, I lied, clickbait. eCtune itself is not back but.........

I have been spending time recently trying to get the old eCtune forum back up online; so we have the reference material and links to friends that we have all been missing.

I want to personally apologize for anyone that was impacted by the disappearance of eCtune some years ago. I had nothing to do with it; but I apologize anyways.
I have heard many people are hesitant to switch to anything from eCtune; and they have every right to do so.
People like an asshat called "BouletMarc" have been stealing all tuning software for years; and marking it as his own in a very VERY broken state, as well as filled with viruses and malware that affect anyones machine except for his own systemID. He sells you a copy; and when it keeps crashing or doesn't work right: he leaves em high and dry, or tries to sell them a different stolen program.

FYI: we can generate you a license for "BMTune" (Bowel Movement Tune?) using eCtune's license generation scheme and bit-shifting the machine ID by two digits.... So yeah; he's not a very smart cookie.

I would also like to inform you that HTS is built directly from eCtune's source.
HTS is 100% free to use for anything OBD0/1. I repeat: FREE.

If you wish to have HTS's advanced CANBUS flashing functionality: It takes buying VIP.
More info on the website: Honda Tuning Suite | OBD0, OBD1, CANBUS
HTS Discord: Join the Honda Tuning Suite Discord Server!

To help alleviate OG eCtune users/owners' concerns: The forum is back online as it was; the last time it was up.
We are also mulling around the concept of compiling a final binary with no time-bombs or registration for the people who are dead nuts set on not changing to HTS.
You can use version 1.9.500 to download the eCtune ROM from your emulator; or to open a eCtune .cal and migrate to HTS. It is very painless. once you have a migrated copy of your rom; you can open it in the newest version of HTS and be off to the races. Contact me in our discord, and i am gladly willing to help.

The web-link is permanent now.

Edit #1 no longer valid: Any down times will be a result of migrating the database and updating PHBB to the new and current software. We appreciate your understanding. So far, it is progressing nicely.

Edit #2 no longer valid: There is a known login bug. if it errors out and tries to send you to forum.ectune.com, revisit the original link again, you should be logged in. II am unsure how new user registrations will be handled, I believe Frank handles it, and it shouldn't require an email system. if it does, please let me know ASAP and we will get it functioning again.

Edit #3: final URL for the original eCtune forum finally selected and the server has been migrated and updated. It will look slightly different, but its all the same just on newer and more secure forum and database software! Enjoy guys!

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

We spent a lot of time (several of us) to get the forum database exported and into a more secure one; as well as updating all the forum software, and planting it on a better less-temporary host server.

The original post now has the new updated permanent link: eCtune - Index page

1 - 3 of 3 Posts