Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fetched my crx today (d16z5) from the workshop, where they changed the valve seals and set the valves.

but they had put intake valve seals on the exhaust side and the exhaust on the intake.

will the seals break almost instantly now?

they are the same size but of different materials.

so here it is about them.

Supertech Valve Seals

Polyacrylic Intake Seals: Polyacrylic, or also called polyacrylate, is a step up from nitrile valve seals (typical OEM valve seal material). Polyacrylic has a temperature range of -30º to 350º F and it is a good step up from nitrile for umbrella seals.

Viton Exhaust Seals: Fluoroelastomer (Viton) seals have a temperature range of -5º to 450º F, making them one of the best high-temperature seals available. Viton has good flexibility like nitrile, which means it can handle some runout between the valve stem and guide. It is also considered to be a more durable material than silicone. Viton also has better wear resistance than most other seal materials, making it a good choice for applications where long term durability is a must.

sorry for my english

·
Registered
477 Posts
Take it back to them and have them to it right.

If i where you I would not run it tell they fix there mistake.

The exhaust material is a different metal for a reason.

How did you figure out they are installed backwards?? lol

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Yeah viton on both is what I've done on my D16 and what I'm doing on my 2JZ when I take it apart for cams.

·
Registered
CRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked if they were fitting the right seal in the right place, and they replied that they put them blue on the intake because they fit best there.

do I have to order new seals?

i have driven like 3 miles

·
Registered
650 Posts
Should be fine for awhile. A long while. While Viton is your best option, those will hold up. If you really want to have them do the seals over, go Viton on all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts