Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey really big d-series fan here(perhaps to big) But after two years Im finally putting my baby together. Here my problem.
I installed srp bolts on my main caps(first pic) and I was woundering much I can tourqe(tighten) these down. I know you can tighten the head down to like 75 ft pounds but what about the other end?Stock is 38ft pounds but I have the same exact oil clearens at 60 ft pounds as I do at 38 ft pounds. Also Ive posted some pics of my setup. Props?
Sorry about the last two pics it says 77mm on the piston and the box that the cam came in should say valve lift:.300 and in vtec its .456

Attachments

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Looks like sex.. :TU:

·
Registered
Many cars
257 Posts
Hey really big d-series fan here(perhaps to big) But after two years Im finally putting my baby together. Here my problem.
I installed srp bolts on my main caps(first pic) and I was woundering much I can tourqe(tighten) these down. I know you can tighten the head down to like 75 ft pounds but what about the other end?Stock is 38ft pounds but I have the same exact oil clearens at 60 ft pounds as I do at 38 ft pounds. Also Ive posted some pics of my setup. Props?
Sorry about the last two pics it says 77mm on the piston and the box that the cam came in should say valve lift:.300 and in vtec its .456
ARP bolts maybe? If so then there is a sheet of paper in the box that tells you the recommended torque specs. Im not sure if it lists stretch measurements, some do some dont. If you over tighten the bottom end then the bolts will stretch too much and break under load.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep found the piece of paper useing 10w 30 oil said to tourqe it to 85 ft pounds. Its was scary. Now theres some resistence when I turn the crank is this normal remember the piston and rods are not hook up yet. O yeah my bad its arp

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fuxk shix now when I turn the motor it doesnt turn even after 150 ft pounds of tourqe. Can somebody out there tell me the tourqe senquence for main caps on a d16a for some reason the chilton dont tel me shix

1 - 9 of 9 Posts