Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the most durable turbo for the D-series is. I've heard that those $1,000 eBay turbo kits are crap and break within a month. I personally haven't any evidence of this claim but I am hoping that you guys can enlighten me. Also, i've heard of a turbo called "the super 60" whats the significance of this turbo?

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Just wondering what the most durable turbo for the D-series is. I've heard that those $1,000 eBay turbo kits are crap and break within a month. I personally haven't any evidence of this claim but I am hoping that you guys can enlighten me. Also, i've heard of a turbo called "the super 60" whats the significance of this turbo?
There is evidence of the SSAC parts breaking everywhere, just search it.

As ryan89 stated, the turbo for you will depend on your overall goals.

·
Registered
Soon to be all black
573 Posts
I bought one from ebay, and I hope it wont break. If it does, I'll let you know in about a month or so. But, if I were you, I wouldn't. I wish I could return mine back to the guy from ebay and get a diff one somewhere else, but I can't.

·
Registered
Soon to be all black
573 Posts
Eh, basically all I want is around 200-300whp around that ballpark out of my D-series. Its a DD so whatever is safe.
well, you will need more than a turbo for that hp range. you might be safe around 200 hp on stock. But anymore than that, your going to need to buy more stuff. Pistons, rods, and afew other little things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts