Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The RD1 is now in stock!

Here is a list of just a few of the many, many features this unit has to offer:

5x3" Black And White Display (4.7x2.5" Active Area).

Fully Configurable Layouts With RD 1 Drag And Drop Design Software. Add Gauges, Bar Graphs, Text Items, And Lights Anywhere On The Screen.

Multiple Layout Pages.

Export And Share Layouts In The Online Community.

Odometer Support With Programmable Base Mileage And Trip Odometer.

Menu System With Easy Access To Settings And Features.

Datalog Through The TunerView With NepTune, NepTune RTP, eCtune, Crome (Crome Pro).

Backlight Adjustment.

Supports NepTune, NepTune RTP (Original and Demon), Hondata S300, Hondata K-Pro, eCtune (Demon And CN2 Port), Crome (CN2 Port, No Demon), And AEM EMS.

For more info take a look here: Xenocron Tuning Solutions: Tunerview RD1

-Jay

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Has Chris talked to JR anytime recently? I'm interested if they are going to make different color screen and backlight combos like with the Tunerview II.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Has Chris talked to JR anytime recently? I'm interested if they are going to make different color screen and backlight combos like with the Tunerview II.

Good question, I'll look into it.

Edit: Looks like there are no current plans for other color options.

-Jay

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
So I cant tune with the tunerview? Just make custom digital gauges to look at instead of my real gauges?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I cant tune with the tunerview? Just make custom digital gauges to look at instead of my real gauges?

Bingo, its function is as a display (although you can check/clear codes on most systems). The cool thing is that you can configure it to suit your needs, and it looks badass too ;)

-Jay

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
I'm gonna use mine as a fancy gauge cluster. It can display AFR, Oil pressure, coolant temp, boost gauge, actual digital RPM, warning lights, etc etc.

Just have one fancy screen instead of clustering up my dash/A pillar with a bunch of crappy little gauges.

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
I'm gonna use mine as a fancy gauge cluster. It can display AFR, Oil pressure, coolant temp, boost gauge, actual digital RPM, warning lights, etc etc.

Just have one fancy screen instead of clustering up my dash/A pillar with a bunch of crappy little gauges.
I am aware of this as well as other devices ability to log most of the parameters you listed however, I am unaware of its method of getting a signal from the oil pressure sensor. Does the unit itself have an input for this reading? Or is there some trick to making a honda ecu read oil pressure that I am unaware of?

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
:3dtard: I'm sure it's capable of displaying pressure, but IDK if it can get pressure from the stock sensor. I haven't hooked mine up yet so I'm not sure. (I might've just been fan boying it a bit since it's sitting in my hands and I feel like a kid on Christmas)

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
I dont imagine it getting pressure from the stock sensor, that sensor can only tell if your above or below what I believe to be about ~4psi , its purpose is just to let you know you have no oil pressure.

My question is that I have seen on a couple occasions now people mention reading oil pressure in some form of datalogger which is essentially what the tunerview is. As far as my current understanding of the honda ecu circuitry there is no oil pressure input or variable resistance circuit to ground that is available for such readings as would be the sort of output you would get from a sensor like what you would find in the average aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

I feel that this is a misinformed assumption and often wish to correct people on this but am not personally 100% sure on the accuracy of it. Just looking for any verified yes or no answer on this.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Its possible I'm sure. Mt TV2 is capable of displaying fuel preasure and level.................but you have to wire it into the ecu from the sender. No biggie. It's still very nice to have and in such a sexy and convinient package.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
:confused:

Re-read my post, I am questioning where the signal line from the sensor would go, be it a pin on the ecu or the tunerview device itself. I would also like to know how the honda ecu gets the fuel pressure and level as well, seeing how nothing from the level sender is wired to the ecu and hondas dont have fuel pressure senders.

The honda ecu does not have a bunch of ready and waiting analog signal input lines so I don't see where all these extra sensors are to be wired in.

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
On the fuel level part, I know I got a fuel level device from Xenocron so that I can somehow get it to display on the RD-1, unfortunately I have to idea how to wire it in, and there seems to be a lack of directions for it as well :pinch:

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
I'm pretty sure you wire it into an empty spot on the ecu, i.e. ELD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts