Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
a good friend of mine has had nothing but good stuff to say aboput his kit.

www.spdweb.net

his kit has had 0 issues and is now at 13k, he has taken the kit apart at 5k and 12k and posted pics of turbo and mani internals.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
except for the mani starting to crack.
I saw his tune he is runing ALOT of timing in low throttle and is at 15.5:1 in the high vac areas, hes trying to get MPG machine and power.

the EGT's are fucking HIGH lol. and many is fine just the brace :)

·
Banned
378 Posts
i have been running my same ssac turbo for 11 months with absolutly no problems at all,the first ssac mani i had cracked due to poor bracing,but i bought a second and it has been fine for a while now that i have braced it off myself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have seen and heard many mixed reviews. three ppl i know ordered ebay kits, one- wastegate did not work for crap, two- no issues whatsoever three- piping was incorrect, but once fabbed worked fine..(so far)

i guess its just the luck of the draw....
still i wouldnt gamble on this kit!
rather piece my own together as i have before.

my. 02

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well its been proven that the turbos have a better chance of holding up with the use of a restrictor and the manifold has a better chance of not cracking if it is braced to all get out........

BOV and wastegates may need internal spring modification in order to work without worries.

it basically is the draw of the card, but IMO, when going turbo, dont skimp out where it matters, like the turbo itself and the manifold.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
well its been proven that the turbos have a better chance of holding up with the use of a restrictor and the manifold has a better chance of not cracking if it is braced to all get out........

BOV and wastegates may need internal spring modification in order to work without worries.

it basically is the draw of the card, but IMO, when going turbo, dont skimp out where it matters, like the turbo itself and the manifold.
I'm running the wastegate no problem...I think that and the dumptube are the only thing good that came out of the kit i bought...Turbo and manifold were both dead within 6k miles...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Heck of a thread. I just got a turbo mani in the mail from cxracing, off of ebay. it looks exactly like the ssauto mani from the first post but has bracing already in place. could it be that ssauto is also going under cxracing? something to ponder.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Heck of a thread. I just got a turbo mani in the mail from cxracing, off of ebay. it looks exactly like the ssauto mani from the first post but has bracing already in place. could it be that ssauto is also going under cxracing? something to ponder.
:sadface:

ssauto DOES NOT make their own products!!!!!

all this shit is made in the same Taiwanese factory, regardless of what ssauto or OBX claims. ssauto just pays the company that makes it to put their nameplate on it. 385792395748654 other companies on eBay buy from the same manufacturer under different names. ITS ALL THE SAME GARBAGE!!!

ssauto just happened to be the first on the Chinese bandwagon...

·
Banned
844 Posts
Ive been running my ssac manifold for 5 months now, lots of miles, lots of whoopin on it, and it has not cracked yet.

Anyone find any bad news on thier recently updated design? Not the twisty lookin one, but thier origional design that they upgraded the size of the tubes and the welds and shit. Id like to see how those have been doing.

·
I got a promoted! And I'm PINK!!
2,260 Posts
:sadface:

ssauto DOES NOT make their own products!!!!!

all this shit is made in the same Taiwanese factory, regardless of what ssauto or OBX claims. ssauto just pays the company that makes it to put their nameplate on it. 385792395748654 other companies on eBay buy from the same manufacturer under different names. ITS ALL THE SAME GARBAGE!!!

ssauto just happened to be the first on the Chinese bandwagon...
right.

i have a 2 links to sites where you can buy all the knock off shit on ebay, in lots (liek 55 pieces) where all the resellers on ebay buy and resell from.
turbos, BOV, springs, lights,manifolds. all that knock off shit

http://www.made-in-china.com/
http://www.alibaba.com/

·
Registered
332 Posts
good links. I'm going to use an Ebay kit with the cast drag style manifold. Reliability is not a priority to me since it's not my DD. When the turbo goes it's getting rebuilt by Blaast.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts