Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHv_jKJVQ-Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHv_jKJVQ-Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
you got to give it to Bret Rau, that car is insane!! I know he has a faster milege, but not sure about the time, "Chivy King" did 6.8's. But Bret being doing it for while now.
That website where you got the video is one of the best sites from Puerto Rico, they have lots of videos there. I wonder if the got the one from chivy king doing the 6.8?

To set the record straight, neigther one of them was the first one in the 6's second, John Lingefelter did it with his Cobalt ecotec power car. Sadly when he went to back up his 6 sec. pass he flip and hit the wall which left him in a coma for a long time till he die.

·
Registered
925 Posts
damn that is sick....

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
you haven't even seen the other side of rican racing on that small island shirtboy. them characters who are into rotary engine will try to put it in anything they can. i've seen with my own eye a rotary engine in a suzuki side kick, slamed, roll cage and wheelie bar..

·
Lurking... &#3232;_&#3232; In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can i come work for these guys cuz they obviously are making some money

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
can i come work for these guys cuz they obviously are making some money
only if you have the balls to sling yayo with these macette toting fools

·
11,969 Posts
We do it big in the islands...

·
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont give a fuck what i do as long as i can build cars like that all day

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I have been involve in import Racing For many many years. When we first went to englishtown to try to organized an import event they laugth at our face and show us the door. We went to Atco Race way an import racing was never the same.

The world famous "PANAMERICAN NATIONAL" was born, and its been almost 20 years already. We were the ones responsible for showing the world that a 4cyl or a 12a or 13b rotary engine can run 8,7 and 6 in a 1/4 of a mile. When no one belived that those times were possible, it was because of cars like Sakura, Rafaelito, David Turbo, Felo Racing, to name just a few... that the whole world took notice of import.

Before NIRA, IDRC, NHRA IMPORT, DRAG WARS, and the list goes on and on, it was the "PANAMERICANS". When everyone was running events with a couple of hundreds maybe a few thousands, "Panam" were briging over 25,000 in atendance.

If you guys ever have a chance to go to this event go. I have hundreds of videos of cars that they were fist street cars, now they are 8, 7, even 6 sec cars.
Chivy Kings first car was a Chevy Sprint back half with the same 4 cyl toyota engine running 9's about 15 years ago, he has come a long way now.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
i dont give a fuck what i do as long as i can build cars like that all day
I have to put pictures of my baby car. It was a '73 Datsun 1200
3/4 chassis, certify for the 7's. That was my baby, i even cry when I sold it. My goal back then was to be the fastest 4cyl Nissan engine.

Can you guys belived that, to my knowledge, non of the Puerto Rican have ever had a major sponsor? When the cars were competing in NHRA the drivers will send the car here in the states and they will travel back and forth cause a lot of them had jobs back at the island. So while everyone was fixing and testing their cars, team Puerto Rico were at the island while their car stay here with family or friends, it sucks. They only good thing and advantage that PR has is that they race all year round because of the weather which makes it clear why you see a car in the 8's today and by the end of the month is on the 6's.

·
11,969 Posts
E when did illionis become an islands? :dots: lmao
I talking about In PR and the Carrib Islands that we love to populate. 'tupido. :lol:

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts