Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is inspiration for those who have lost hope.

it was a cold sobering april morning when i fist saw what had happened to my beautiful creation. it was stolen two years earlier, i had'nt even had it a year. its gut wrenching to have seen her gone from this:

to this:

it still stings everytime i see the two extremes together. im glad that white eg found his crx with minimal damage and vandalizing.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well to find out the person who stole it was a minor. so basically i wont see more than 1500.00 hundred return in cash for my 6000.00 dollar car. bummer. however there is a plus, the kid was using parts off of my car to rebuild his. so we struck a deal to take 1000.00 off of his debt for the other del sol as well. thus theft-repo-sol was born:

apparently the kid knew i would take this car and had already begun tearing it down and selling parts. not to mention the obvious front end damage. the interior was destroyed, for example he made custom gauges with black light reactive foil and construction paper LOL. i still have them ill take a pic they're hilarious! the car had no fenders, a giant ugly spoiler, the motor turned but didnt start, four different layers of flaking primer all over the car, the roof seals destroyed "car leaks bad", tires dry rotted, no head lights, no turn lights, no steel fr bumper, oh no front bulkhead "rad support", and i am a broke college student. things arent looking good for this car.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had a few parts.
1. a totaled hood.
2. a busted fiberglass aftermarket front bumper (not the B.C.) as seen in the frist pic.
3. perseverance and determination.
the new goal the car has to start.
i want it at least street legal in a year apr 2010.

so, theft repo went to my parents back yard:
one day dad and i were milling around and trying to get this car to start.
i cranked after cranked. at this point i knew absolutely nothing about hondas except when to have them maintained. then i told dad to crank her whilst i listened and watched. then i saw it. the plug wires were huffing (sneaky kid), i pulled the wires off the valve cover and there was'nt any plugs. slapped some ngks on her and it fired right up. so i ordered an e-gay cheapo rad and some hoses.

that was a good day!

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
First and foremost his parents can be held liable for his actions. CALL AN ATTORNEY.

In general, minors are liable for their misdeeds. However, when a minor acts intentionally or negligently in a manner that causes harm to another, it is difficult to collect damages from the minor. In such a situation, the minor's parents may also be held liable for their child's acts and/or ordered to pay for them. A "parent" can be anyone exercising parental authority over the child, but typically refers to the "custodial" parent. Although they vary widely by state, most parental liability laws target intentional, malicious or reckless behavior and exclude pure accidents. Parental liability stems from the custodial parents' obligation to supervise and educate their children.
Second, I don't give a fuck if he's a minor. Why don't we have a nice dSo meet out by you to practice some baseball?

·
Registered
96 ek 93 eg 03 jeep
11 Posts
Man that totally sucks abou t your car, where I live depending upon crime a 15 yo will be convicted as an adult under that the parents will be held liable. My ek was a theft recovery as well and now I'm rebuilding

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
^ X 1000

·
Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
1,105 Posts
lol, beat up a kid? don't they put you in jail for that kind of thing?
my coupe got stolen, so i know what its like.
fix up his, eh, YOUR del sol, and drive by his house 2 or 3 times a day.
preferably with his gf flashing her t1ts.
living well is the best revenge.

Reactions: theft-repo-sol

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
Six thousand dollar del sol with a stock z6? How much did you pay for that body kit and blue wire loom?! O_O

·
Registered
93 Camaro (backup)
491 Posts
From the picture it appears that aside from the body kit and tail lights EVERYTHING was stock. I was thinking the same thing but I'm hoping those pics are from like 2001. Regardless of how ugly I think that car is I still feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a. had full coverage including theft. (covered 2/3 of cars price)
b. junior yr college (a week b4 finals) when the theft occured. got busy living. rode a bike for a coupl of weeks.
c. i have theft repo sol and some experience with sohc hondas.
d. the kid ratted out his colleagues and got what he deserved.
e. the parents declared bankruptcy.

it was a stock z6 in 2008, w/ 129K, no rust, straight frame, great interior, all major maintenece was completed on time. all around awsome car. it came factory with a poon-tang magnet equiped. i just want to share the story of theft repo sol with ya'll.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got a front end for the car in clemson S.C. got lost on campus, and watched a football game with my pops. it was his birthday and then i let him chop the hell out of a 94 del sol rad suppport. that was fun.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
Cool story bro. For real lol If you ever need any help with this thing hit me up. I go to ETSU 5 days a week, as well as work, but I love helping people with their honda :bigok:

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i wanted to go through this motor to see if any mods were completed. i boought a stock plan jane z6 and slapped that baby in her.

pay close attention to the first time the cars running to how the plain jane z6 sounds.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
during the pull i found that the car had a stage three ACT clutch and light weight flywheel, and the head has had extensive work done. still trying to figure out this head.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts