Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyway as many know i have two builds in the process. first my rex which is a all out build. that still be some time before it gets close to finish.

second i bought pandas old 91 civic hatch but it had a spun bearing and i bought another engine from him to rebuild. since it came with a DOHC ZC engine why not.

so i brought a second engine from him and took it to the machine shop. even tho he said it was machine no offense i still took it and chris had to address some issues form. but never the less here what going down this weekend. i'll post some finish pics. this weekend

look what came in the mail today.

DOHC ZC/D16A1 head gasket kit and bearings.

now the 75.50mm P29 pistons with new oem rod bolts and nuts. lol.

the oil and water pumps.

the polish crank

and the block.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
just a thought, if your going through all the trouble, why not upgrade your rods while you're in there? Then you would have a 350+whp capable D if you ever wanted it...
Rods really arent that expensive at under $300...

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like a fun project! are u milling the head at all? what kind of power goals? im guessing u arent really trying to make huge n/a power..just something to have a lot of fun in?
my rex is going to be the power plant this dohc zc is going to be my dd nothing else. i had to get it deck, polish the crank, the block was 75.50mm already and lucky me i already had a set of P29 75.50mm. lol. and a bunch of other shit. lol.

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just a thought, if your going through all the trouble, why not upgrade your rods while you're in there? Then you would have a 350+whp capable D if you ever wanted it...
Rods really arent that expensive at under $300...
i'm sorry didn't you read the title DD? :doh::uh:

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
my rex is going to be the power plant this dohc zc is going to be my dd nothing else. i had to get it deck, polish the crank, the block was 75.50mm already and lucky me i already had a set of P29 75.50mm. lol. and a bunch of other shit. lol.
idk, i guess i was just thinkin the "just in case", but it sounds like you already have everything on the cheap/free so:fawk::devil2::kiss: lmao
i'm sorry didn't you read the title DD? :doh::uh:
:tt2:

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
looks like it will be a fun little project... shit, when it comes to a DD, i like keeping my shit simple just like your doing... it isnt fun taking a girl out, and breaking down on the way there or on the way home...

thats why i have a strictly track only car and a DD car with A/C and the comfort options :) rep for you if i could give more out :-(

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
pics of car ? did you take those rims off? looking good Imma pay attention to this one

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice, did the p29s come with the rods already attached? that would be so easy! :)

looks good, keep up the pics :)
yes i payed to have them press already. lol.

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks good, im envious of the p29s
you should be i had like 4 sets at one time. lol. the 76mm are going to the fully build a6 engine, the 75.50mm goes to the DD and i have a STD set w/hasting rings just in case. who knows why? i lost a set due to trying to remove a rod that was bent and well it turn to shit so i threw them away. fuck they were free. lol.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
good news man, good news indeed... :td:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts