Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, decided to throw up a build thread for my car. I've had it for a while now, and I'm godawful at taking pictures and my progress is slow because I'm a student, but ah well. It's a 91 CRX Si, at the moment with it's stock A6 still in it. I rebuilt the A6 a few years ago because it had a blown headgasket when I bought it, ended up porting the head a little bit but basically kept the engine stock. Started autocross 2 years ago, loved it, and haven't stopped since. I'm decently competitive locally, my closest competition is a B20 EF hatch with an LSD that runs 225 Hoosiers, and I'm steadily catching up to him. Last event he just narrowly beat me by .1 seconds. Anyway, I'll throw some pictures up when I'm allowed to, didn't realize there was a post minimum =\

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
There isnt if you use outside photo hosting....postimage.org for instance.

·
Registered
1990 civic, 1991 CRX
181 Posts
Funny, usually you don't hear Poor and SMF pax in the same sentence. usually it's "soft" and "really soft" :p

imgur.com is your friend

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know, it still tells me to remove links from my post. Ah well, I'll just wait until I have enough posts :p I know you guys like pics so I'll get them up when I can.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Manifold and downpipe arrived at my mailbox today, have to make a trip down to Blaine to pick them up maybe tomorrow evening. Can start test fitting the turbo, figure out if I need to pick up a half rad or not.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Funny, usually you don't hear Poor and SMF pax in the same sentence. usually it's "soft" and "really soft" :p

imgur.com is your friend
It would stay that way if you weren't so damn fast...It'll be whatever SSM is next season!

Welcome OP. I'm like you, I got started autocrossing when I was in college with my mostly stock CRX (just had a Z6 head) and got hooked. 3 chassis, 2 motor builds and 4 different suspension setups later I'm still going down the rabbit hole trying to figure out what's fast enough to be competitive nationally next season.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Try posting the link w/o the http portion.

In photobucket you click the "get link codes" button (chain links) next to the social media buttons, then click the "direct link". You get this:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq80/hiprofile67/4572%20n%20127th%20st%20street%20view%202.jpg

But instead take off the "http://" part and post this directly, do not use the link or picture buttons. We can then quote your post and format it, or one of our fresh mods can edit your post.

i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq80/hiprofile67/4572%20n%20127th%20st%20street%20view%202.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It would stay that way if you weren't so damn fast...It'll be whatever SSM is next season!

Welcome OP. I'm like you, I got started autocrossing when I was in college with my mostly stock CRX (just had a Z6 head) and got hooked. 3 chassis, 2 motor builds and 4 different suspension setups later I'm still going down the rabbit hole trying to figure out what's fast enough to be competitive nationally next season.
We seem to have chosen the most expensive hobby to partake in whilst going through school...wouldn't change it for the world though. I've been following your build for a while and you've been been a source of ideas and inspiration for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you partake in any CACC events? How do you class in CACC?
Yea I race with UBC Sports Car Club, I'm one of the executives for the club :p I haven't raced any big events yet, wanted to do BC Champs this year but life got in the way. I really want to do some road racing and race Knox before they stop running it. Need a cage etc before Knox happens though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally figured it out, so here are the pictures!

This was my first car...or what was left of the engine anyway. Chevy Sprint 1.0L 3 cylinder. Blew it up going up a hill with a few buddies in the back. Woops.

Car getting towed to my then GF's house, it had the engine out at this point, and my strata didn't like it being in the parking lot.

Trans rebuild stuff, carbon syncros...mmmmmmm

Engine parts for the original rebuild.

During the teardown.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Engine assembly.

Alarm wiring. 3 days under the dash to get it how I wanted it. Tore it all out a few weeks ago because RACECAR.

Pops doing a bit of porting for me.

Engine sans-head ready to go in.

Who needs an engine lift.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts