Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what is in store for the D16Z6 siting in my gagrage...

TD05h turbo-----have and rebuilt
hf manifold------have
johnny racecar intercooler------on the way
dsm 450cc injectors-----have
3inch downpipe
boost gauge---have
bov
boost controler
custom piping
8.5:1 pistons-----have
P&P, Crower valvetrain
crower turbo cam---have
y8 intakemanifold----have
eagle rods, oem honda main bearings---have
oem water pump new timing belt, skunk2camgear, new oil pump---have

will be purchasing the rest very soon........

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a good plan. If it was me I wouldn't have gone with such a low compression since my car is a daily driver. What fuel management are you planning on using?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of fuel and timing management are you going to be using?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you may want to look for a different manifold. the HF really only flow decently up to about 7-9psi yea they can do more, but the volume and volocity is GREATLY reduced and thus you loose a lot more than other manifolds just by default designs. Me, i perfer the drag sohc mani over any other. why? it's case iron so it isless prone to crack as the tubulars are, and it's runniers are almost equil in lenght unlike otehr casted manifolds. now it is one of the more expensive manifolds at abotu $400-$450 each, but you'll gain a lot more in the end. especialy with that much of a larger turbo.

one thing your going to have to consider is the td05H is a much larger exhaust housing (if it's the one i'm thinking of) than the t3 series, it will take you a much longer time to spool it. Here's a idea, on ebay i have seen where they sell kits to convert a t3 into a t3/t4 they basically sell you the housing and compressor wheel to make the compressor a t4. it costs abotu $120 that i've seen. if you find a t3 with a .43 or .48 exhaust side, that would eb the best bet, then rebuild it with the t4 housing and yor set with a VERY nice turbo setup. i'm expirmenting with that myself. i have a t3 off a sab in perfect shape (guy had turbo rebuild and abotu 10k miles later car was rear ended so he sold me the turbo cheap b4 the insurance took the car away). i'm looking into getting the turbo re-sealed with new rings, and balanced witht he new t4 setup. then goign to put in on a junker setup i'm going to play with soon. it'll be a kick around car but it's a toy i'm going to use to learn tunning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts