random old chair

my cell phone

and finally..my 80watt Philips computer speakers...love these things

Fin.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks good.
Your definalty going to have a ball going from a cybershot to DSLR camera!

Regular (Kodak DIGI) digital camera:

To a (DSLR) Canon EOS rebel XTI :

amazing difference, and a hell of allot of fun!
Goodluck with the Nikon!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Awesome shots with the point and shoot there Agent T, the ones with the mountains I'm guessing it was taken from a moving car, because is looks like the horizon is tilting, same with the pool table shot. The pool table shot would be awesome if it was straight, and the background was just a plain black sheet or something other than a bookshelf and a pooh bear

I would shy away from the D40 because it limits you on the auto-focus function on a lot of the nikon lenses. The d40/d40x do no have an AF motor inside the camera body, therefore they rely on the lens to turn the focus ring itself. The only nikon lenses that do this are the AF-S lenses, and your selection will be VERY limited. So if auto-focus isn't a big deal to you, then go for the d40, otherwise check out the Canon XT, or the Nikon D80 or even the pentax k100d.

97Ej6Mike:
Your pics look good, but that yellowish hue is killing me....if you shoot in RAW then you can adjust the white balance easily in pp.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome shots with the point and shoot there Agent T, the ones with the mountains I'm guessing it was taken from a moving car, because is looks like the horizon is tilting, same with the pool table shot. The pool table shot would be awesome if it was straight, and the background was just a plain black sheet or something other than a bookshelf and a pooh bear

I would shy away from the D40 because it limits you on the auto-focus function on a lot of the nikon lenses. The d40/d40x do no have an AF motor inside the camera body, therefore they rely on the lens to turn the focus ring itself. The only nikon lenses that do this are the AF-S lenses, and your selection will be VERY limited. So if auto-focus isn't a big deal to you, then go for the d40, otherwise check out the Canon XT, or the Nikon D80 or even the pentax k100d.

97Ej6Mike:
Your pics look good, but that yellowish hue is killing me....if you shoot in RAW then you can adjust the white balance easily in pp.
ill only have about 500-550 to spend on a DSLR, so naturally the D40 was the one that caught my eye, ill look into a Canon to see what there is, but i am a beginner, so i really dont need anything crazy to start out with

·
Registered
106 Posts
ill only have about 500-550 to spend on a DSLR, so naturally the D40 was the one that caught my eye, ill look into a Canon to see what there is, but i am a beginner, so i really dont need anything crazy to start out with
lol, I wouldn't consider auto focus to be crazy. Going without it will probably make you crazy. Any type of action shot you can pretty much say F that because with manual focus theres no way you can focus quick enough to get the shot.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Rebel-XT-f3-5-5-6/dp/B0007QKN22/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1205287313&sr=8-1

There's an XT for you for $450! the kit lens isn't very good, but it's something cool to start with. You can pick up a 50mm f/1.8 lens for well under 100 bucks and you'll still be within your price range.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok here's a shot i got of Chris's car before it went on the DYNO past month, also just sort of used this shot to test out a new Deviant tag, this one looks better than most of the rest and it looks really clean

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok guys...guess what....i just bought this with one-day shipping for only $614 through Amazon.com

it will arrive tomorrow

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
finally some new shots

taken at my girlfriends place last night

Misty and I before crashing out around 4am lol

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
picked up a couple oldschool film SLR cameras from my ex's mom tonight, they need to be cleaned up reeaaaally bad, so when i get around to doing that, ill get some pics and post them up, one is a Pentax K1000 and the other is a Canon AL-1

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got the Canon AL-1 film SLR cleaned up enough to show it off, so here you go...

big ass 75-200mm macro FD lens...

1 - 20 of 551 Posts