Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wutsup guys. New to the site and just looking for some good info
98 civic ex. I would like to rebuild the d16y8 and eventually turbo.
Dont really know where to start

Any suggestions? Anything will help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Welcome to DSO. Research is the best place to start any project, determine your goals, figure out what it will take to get there, and execute. LOT'S of info out there....

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,389 Posts
as stated in the other thread. give the search bar a try.

also, going to throw logic at you, put on a helmet.

rebuild BEFORE turbo. youll thank yourself later

·
Vendor
184 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining us. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share! Good luck with your project and keep us posted.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,214 Posts

Thanks!
welcome to the org .

back when I was 12, when I didn't know something but wanted to know about it ,I would https://www.google.ca/search?biw=1024&bih=657&noj=1&site=webhp&q=+when+I+didn%27t+know+something+but+wanted+to+know+about+it&oq=+when+I+didn%27t+know+something+but+wanted+to+know+about+it&gs_l=serp.12...125363.125363.0.126425.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.ckpsrh...0...1..64.serp..1.0.0.cJr-Xyo4KgY

There is alot of useful information out there if you are willing to search, read and learn from it...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't mind robgoof he's kind of a troll. But there are threads on this site for building and turboing d16y8's so he's not totally out of line being a dick in this situation. Search before you ask and save us all some time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
same
4 Posts
Make a budget and stick with it. Figure out what you can spend each month, spend that and no more. And for your own sake, DO NOT USE A CREDIT CARD! No cash, no stash. Keep it that way. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

"Sometimes I think the light at the end of the tunnel is just some asshole with a glow stick. If I ever catch 'im I'll make 'im wear his ass for a hat."

Peace n love ya'll

Rugger53

P.S. For anyone wondering what that line under "RUGBY" reads it's, "like the NFL, but for men".

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Don't mind robgoof he's kind of a troll. But there are threads on this site for building and turboing d16y8's so he's not totally out of line being a dick in this situation. Search before you ask and save us all some time.

Dont mind this guy, he just learned about vtec cam profiles.........fuckin n00b better watch out fucking with my canadian bacon.

Thanks!
Start with maintenance. Learn how to set valve lash, replace timing belt, water pump etc, gets you nails dirty and some knowledge in your dome.

The y8 can take a turbo beating if built right, or if you just want reliable fun on the street you can keep the budget in check and build a nice little toy.

Depends on if you mean to drag race, or daily, or what not....

There are motors that can take more pressure then others, but internals can help net you some serious power in these D's.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah don't mind me, the guy who just bought his first vtec honda two weeks ago. Sorry I fucked up a thread and learned a shitload about vtec. If you have any questions ask, I'll pay attention and do my best to help instead of calling you a n00b and telling you not to post.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,389 Posts
so, how long you going to be butthurt? how long are you going to call members trolls? how many red dots can you get for the duration of your stay?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,214 Posts
Doesn't matter if I didn't know what vtec was 24 hours ago but unless I see robgoof post something worth a shit he's just a troll. IMHO anyways. Not like that matters since I've been here for 6 days.

How bout fuck you. I didn't have anything against you ,key word bitch -didn't-

I've got a bunch of anal creampie pictures of your mom but I can't post them here on dso.

Sorry to the OP that Thehagerbomb ruined your post.

·
Registered
ek hatch
73 Posts

Thanks!
Hve you done a compression test? do you know you need a rebuild or do you just want to rebuild b4 turbo for peace of mind? i ask because lots of well maintained dseries motors with high mileage are fine for turbo if theyr still healthy.also if you are going tomrebuild for turbo,research first .dont do an oem rebuild if only planning on 250hp or less.
Where to start id say search turbo builds ,how a turbo works,turbo tuning and fuel requirements.make a solid budget amount and desired hp goals and let us know and im sure youl get more specific info.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts