26XXXX kms
5spd
2-way compustar alarm/starter
newer larger than OEM exhaust, battery plugs and wires
2 sets of wheels - OEM Si with all seasons and DA alloys with winters
lowered on unknown springs and KYB adjustables
car has been repainted satin black with minor bodywork done
Other than that shes all stock

I've always wanted a CRX, ever since high school. However, they are so hard to come by for a decent price and not completely riced out. Some of you guys may have saw my thread a few weeks back about a couple of CRX's that i had a chance to buy. heres the thread if you guys wanna still check it out.

anywho i ended up getting the non-ricey one for $1800, its not perfect, but definitely cleaner than my current DX daily which is getting sold to my buddy. unfortunately, it will need a lot more work than i thought to get things the way i want them, nothing major though just a lot of little stuff.

so here she is! Dont mind the bumper and the lights, i had already pulled it them off and just hung them back up for the sake of the pics.

So ill be using this thread to keep track of the progress to bring this baby up to snuff.

Current Things TO DO List:

Interior
Get the 2way starter to work again!
Pull the 4-2-1 DC header from my DX and install in rex
Replace oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket and clean up the block
Change coolant and tranny fluid
Replace windshield

Work completed:
Apr 10:
1. Installed a new alternator and belt
2. Installed new release hood cable
3. Adjusted hood so that it now closes shut
4. Got rid of annoying squeaking from the hatch, some grease was all it took
5. Tried to swap the Si seats that are in my DX into the rex, just a quick rail swap will do the trick! - NOTE: I discovered that this is not doable, seat rails between the 89 CRX Si seats and 90 Civic Si are not the same, im assuming that this is applicable between all the CRX's and Civics
6. Installed a pass. headlight
7. Installed a combination switch

Since Apr 10:
8. Installed a new deck and sub
9. Swapped over my DC2 Steering wheel
10. Installed ES shifter bushings to clean up that slop, and matched it with a GSR shifter, and a Skunk2 knob!
11. Installed newer 91 Si seats
12. Installed the climate controls
13. Swapped and painted a nicer condition 88-89 bumper, and added a DA lip
14. Installed a rear wiper delete plug

thanks fo' looking! Ill be getting up some more pics soon!!

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
damn lookin good my man. def. alot better than the white hatch man. GL with it

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Nice... I like it.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
not bad at all good deal.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good find, at that price it's not that bad.
I would be weary about doing all that work to a DD though...

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
got some more work done today and am a few steps closer to getting it the way i want! also traded a guy a D15 with a snapped tbelt, and a dismantled Z6 head for another 89 bumper and a clean undented hood.

Cool.

Engine Pics?
coming! as soon as i clean things up a bit

damn lookin good my man. def. alot better than the white hatch man. GL with it
ya for sure, thats why i picked it up!

Nice... I like it.
nice ride. :td:
not bad at all good deal.
thanks guys!

sweet :D now wash it please
i will as soon as all of the work i need to do is done

Good find, at that price it's not that bad.
I would be weary about doing all that work to a DD though...
ya in the end it is a lot of work, but its nothing major and nothing too costly. thus far the most expensive stuff has been the alternator ($150), and soon the windshield so that it can pass inspection. the ultimate goal is to make it reliable, clean and fun to drive!

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
digging this guy back up from the grave!

so a ton of crap has happened with the rex since my last update, more problems than anything. Had alternator problems, a near fatal oil leak from the shitty ass mechanical oil gauge, starting problems, battery problems, sunroof problems and a hit and run to boot!

all of them are basically fixed cept for the sunroof, which still works just not very well.

so heres some shots of the interior BEFORE

Definitely nothing to brag about here

Removing the climate controls was easy! Putting it back in....NOT so easy! lol

Theres the crappy oil pres gauge that almost cost me my motor

Still needs a good wash, but the $10 DA lip is a nice touch! looks good from far away but the fitment up close is a little off around the corners, but meh, still better than stock!

Notice the nice ding on the fender from a hit and run. kinda hard to see, but you can see a kink in it if you look closely....also the shoddy paint on the hood is bubbling, but i have a spare that ill be painting and throwing on

New interior upgrades are courtesy of my currently non-running ED project car. They include the DC2R steering wheel, type R boot and Skunk 2 billet knob that is matched up to a GSR shifter.

Shifts like a dream!

Nicer red striped 91 si seats! no rips either.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New USB Sony deck

Rear wiper delete from an EG, the old wiper literally would wipe itself off the hatch and dangle, so it had to go!

Not much left to do since shes my DD, needs a brake job for sure, possibly a windshield, ill replace that fender eventually when i can find a nice used one.

Anyone have a rear drivers side OEM speaker bracket kicking around??? I can only get the passengers side from the dealer, the drivers is discontinued.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice car I still miss my crx's but what can you do great project though.

kris

1 - 20 of 25 Posts