Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The people in charge dont use logic when they make decisions. If they actually looked at statistics they would see that speed limits dont make the roads safer.
The same is true for street lights. Our country is full of streetlights, making tons of light pollution, and there are numerous studies showing that there is no statistical relationship between street lights and crime, or car accidents.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Good stuff Beav.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Great vid, all over the news up here considering most of it was filmed all within 45 mins of my place.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found in on Jalopnik, which I browse once in a while, as it has real gems like this.

There has been a light EXPLOSION on Staten Island. They cost a LOT of money, and most of them are going up around schools. I )(#*(*#$ hate this. I could actually get around SI when I first started driving. Now it takes longer. I use more gas. Therefore, I am "polluting" more. And you know what? Idiot kids STILL get runded over because . . . they are still STUPID.

Anyway, I really enjoyed watching that video. The studies he quoted are really very excellent, and this is why politicians should have their powers limited to making speeches and taking pictures of their genitalia and sending them to jailbait.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't mind the lower speed limits in ACTIVE construction zones. I've seen to many accidents in and sons construction to think it is reasonable to drive the normal speed limit 2 feet from men working.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
That made me laugh.

For this to work in the US, everyone would have to stop watching "reality" shows and "give a fuck" about what our government is doing.

I loved the analysis of the news reporter.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I don't mind the lower speed limits in ACTIVE construction zones. I've seen to many accidents in and sons construction to think it is reasonable to drive the normal speed limit 2 feet from men working.
I agree with that, but here on highway 1, they have left the construction speed limit up for years and they hav'nt even been working in all that area.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
On interstate 10 going from Florida to Alabama, right before the state line has been under construction for 15 years and is a known speed trap posted at 40mph

1 - 20 of 22 Posts