Honda D Series Forum banner

281 - 288 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Update: Picking up a shell this weekend to cut the rear struts out! Noice. Also picking up wagon manual pedals, shift linkage, and a 5 speed d series trans. All this will be for the grey wagon I picked up awhile back..going to get that converted and running for the wife hopefully.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Does the shell still have the fuel tank?

I've been chasing a fuel pump and wagon hanger for my EFI conversion if it has it and you wanna part with it.
I am not sure if it does, but I can surely do that if it does! I wanna try to help as many people as I can once I get it instead of getting what I need off it and then scraping it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Well after 15 hours of driving..I got the shell back from South Carolina. I also picked up a cable d series manual transmission and MPFI parts for my brown wagon which I think the wife and I are going to get back up and running together. I think I'll make another thread on that. Anyyways! Here is a photo dump of the adventure and where it sits in the shop atm.
IMG_7319.jpg

IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

IMG_7335.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_7338.jpg

I need to go buy a sawzall and also order some spotweld bits. But I'm pretty excited to get this show on the road.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,785 Posts
I love that body style of those fords. but apparently the engines are trash unless you drop 10k to bulletproof them.
still want one to 12v cummins swap

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,048 Posts
I love that body style of those fords. but apparently the engines are trash unless you drop 10k to bulletproof them.
still want one to 12v cummins swap
Not to thread jack at all lol, but I like that body style F250-F550 as well. Let me know when you're ready to Cummins swap one haha.

The VT365 is honestly a decent engine once bulletproofed. You have no idea how many I've bulletproofed lol. In fact, I have no idea how many I've bulletproofed haha, lost count. Practically all I did for an entire year one year. Cab off, and it's wide open and ready to do anything.

As long as the High Pressure Oil System is in good shape and you keep up with oil changes, and diesel is clean with a good filter setup, and you use injector treatment additive every few tanks, they last for quite a while once bulletproofed, and they take pretty well to an off the shelf handheld tuner for a bit more HP/TQ. Not going too wild, the trans and rear ends will hold up for quite a while with normal service. Better than I can say for Ram trucks with their "passenger duty" rear ends with a Cummins. If you don't go HD rear end and chassis with the Cummins powertrain on the Ram pickups, the rear ends are SHIT. They can't take the TQ.

They make kits to do both the 12v/24v 5.9L ISBs in both light duty and HD flavors, and the B6.7 (the newer version of the ISB) again in both flavors, I've done 2 24v swaps.

If you get the HD ISB with a rear geartrain, the flywheel housing is setup for an air compressor. It requires a small body lift to make clearance, but this thing is ready for an Eaton 10 speed using the ISB bellhousing and a medium duty truck air tank setup. Driveshaft comes with the kit to bolt straight to the stock rear end. You'll just need to find the manual clutch bits for the cab, and use the Eaton master and slave hydraulics.

It's pretty sick seeing that body style truck with a 24v Cummins no emissions, air shifted hi-lo range 10 speed manual and air horns to boot haha. Murica.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,785 Posts
I love you so much right now lol

Reactions: drtalon123
281 - 288 of 288 Posts