Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

Sometime between 5:00 pm on jan 1 and 10:00 am Jan 2 my coupe was stolen from my assigned parking space in the townhome i have been renting for the past 6 years.
It never once left my stranded, more reliable than any of the stock Hondas I have owned:sadface:

Here is a picture of it:

Under the hood:

the clutch was starting to slip and since I had more time than money, I swapped the y7 back in.

after trawling craigslist for a few days I found a pretty clean 2000 dx for about $1000 less than what ricer/jdmfagboiz were asking for salvage titled, used up beaters.

here is a picture of it:

kind of reminds me of my old white coupe, (two days before it was stolen thanksgiving weekend 2008 )

for the record, I also had a green ex coupe and a 93 hatch that i swapped a b16 in back in 2003.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Welcome back, don't remember your old avatar but remember the name. Hope you get your car back, I was lucky enough to get mine back a couple days after it was stolen.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the kind words, I never really left. I check here every couple of weeks but rarely see anything to comment on.
After a week, I don't expect there's much left to recover.
My old white coupe was found a few days later, they had messed up the door panels trying to get the stock speakers out.
I kind of lost interest in it so I sold it to a friend who had been bugging me to sell it to him.
I still have my z6 + lsd trans and turbo kit and some other stuff to put on the new (to me) coupe.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so while I get some issues ironed out on the civic, I've been driving this:

guzzles gas and feels like its going to tip over.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and meet my grand sons, born in August.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Congrats and the grand babies, welcome back-ish, since you never really left.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it occurs to me that people are misunderstanding the title.
'the long road back' doesn't' mean to d-series.org (its just a couple mouse clicks away), but getting back to having my car the way i want.

a little progress, cels for random cyl misfire and 2nd o2 sensor have been resolved and cleared. went to the dmv today to transfer the title.

still needs a new clutch master cylinder, outside driver door handle and passenger window regulator.
it has 17" wheels, ebay intake, ricey cluster and fart can. everything else looks ok.

also, last week my old car was found. nothing left worth taking and it would have cost > $500 just to get out of impound. sad to see it go...

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got some LS brakes. they need new TA bushings before they go on...

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Sorry to hear your baby got stolen. Going through something similar here ... for me it's time to get a Subaru the way I wanted my Civic (except less race car and more touring car) ... kinda. Best of luck getting the new Civic sorted.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks! and good luck with the subaru. my friend and my sister both have outbacks they love.
replaced the clutch master cylinder.
other than that, work has been real busy, no time to work on the car.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
banged out the torn bushings and ordered new ones.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
a couple more pics

bang bang bang my ears are ringing.
so easy a caveman can do it

driver side is done

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats the name of this bushings ? Been meaning to order up a pair for mine as well
these are Moog from parts geek, stock replacements.
good vendor, fast shipping
polyurathane is squeaky and slippery and have a tendency not to stay put.
i don't want these to pop out while i'm driving.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
these are Moog from parts geek, stock replacements.
good vendor, fast shipping
polyurathane is squeaky and slippery and have a tendency not to stay put.
i don't want these to pop out while i'm driving.
link me to them via text. I must order and do the same for my fo doe:willy_nilly:

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
I just bought a pair of wholesaler closeout private label package bushings with the same moog part number (k80668 ) for $28 shipped from rockauto.com

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
link me to them via text. I must order and do the same for my fo doe:willy_nilly:
i'll see what i can do. i'm pretty tech savy. for a caveman...:ph34r:

I just bought a pair of wholesaler closeout private label package bushings with the same moog part number (k80668 ) for $28 shipped from rockauto.com
damn, thats like 2 for 1 price. and yes mine are K80668

1 - 20 of 64 Posts