Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read the posts and threats about itbs many times and iam so confused

an i got many questions

1.fit suzuki tb´s on a d? (i know that they fit on a b)
2.with cbr tp´s it is easy to make them run? (ECU,Vac etc)
3.how long must be the runners?
4.Make it sense on my JDM d16z2 (1.6l 110 HP)
5.did any one write up a real DIY step-by-step??
6. Must i change anything on my ECU??

Please Help me iam so confussed cause no one in germany got ITBs on a d-series Honda, so would i be the first

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
yea suzuki itb's fit d-series. If you're using straight runners(runners straight from the flange), they have to be spaced about 3mm.

CBR TPS work by switching the wires around, this means they'll readily work with the Honda ECU since they use the same voltage scale(the Suzuki uses a different scale, so you'd have to retrofit a honda one or get Crome w/ ITB Tools).

Depends on where you want your peak torque/hp.

sure, why not

there's one on homemadeturbo.com for GSXR1000 ITBs and retrofitting honda TPS.

You'd probably need to get it socketed since you'll be changing the maps often during tuning.

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
^^ that pretty much sums it up.

If you have more questions, I'd suggest searching on hear and honda-tech. There are many people that have done it, and shared their experiences. Not so much a write up, but you can learn a lot through (many) others experiences/setups.

I'll throw a length at you. IIRC, ~11" should be decent from velocity stack to the back of the intake valve, for a 1.5-1.6l, 8k rev (less than), street car. The higher the rev (power band) the shorter the length can get.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeahhh thanks for the input it help a lot

so all i have to do is

making a manifold
connecting the cbr ITBs
connecting and changing the wires
tune the ecu

right?
than i can sit back and drink some beer

but what means IIRC, ~11"???
can anybody say me on which poin i have exactly cut of the flange and how much (length) i have to weld on? Maybe anyone get a picture how shows how long

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
i heard the other day from a reputable tuner that the hybusa itbs will bolt right up

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Busa's will need to be spaced too, unless you want to turn the runners. Also, the Hayabusa still uses the Suzuki TPS, so you would need to retrofit a Honda one or run Crome or any ECU that allows you to adjust the TPS voltage scale.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah busa itbs are better if you have prof skills

cause you need many custom parts to make the fit

but theyre better if you want a straight runner design :) (yeah iam diggin the www)

but nobody answered my question

so all i have to do is

making a manifold
connecting the cbr ITBs
connecting and changing the wires
tune the ecu

right?
than i can sit back and drink some beer

and damn what happens if the weather changes? and need i a vac source??
I try to learn all those things but google hates me

and why are the most pics in the forums arent aviable?? The Homemadeturbo DIY didnt help very much to built thos thing cause there no details about fabricating

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
ITBs are all in the tune get a good ecu that allows datalogging and a wideband O2 sensor.

Also, you'll need a vacuum log if you want to try and run a MAP sensor. If not then you'll be "alpha n" tuning using only throttle position.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so ive painting around make this :haha:

if i build it after my plan would it work?
does it run with an Apexi instant of an ECU tune?

Tell me if something wrong at my diagram:slap: :slap:

Attachments

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
to tune it good will depend on the size of your vac log. the smaller the log, the more unstable the jump from vac will be, so you're map sensor will have a hard time trying to keep the car running right. Someone already mentioned alpha n tuning, disregarding the map sensor input and using your TPS. the afc won't be able to do that.

also you'll need to control timing just as much as fuel, so you'd be better off going with obd1 and using the ITB functions.

another option is to use (if your car is obd0 instead of obd1) a larger vac manifold, and try to get the vac source to the map sensor as stable as possible. I guess you could think of it as a linear vs. logarithmic ramp on the vac source, with ITBs. Without alpha n tuning, you'll want it to be as linear as possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts