Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,292 Posts
isn't the trans plug the one directly under his fingers?

1 wire o2 for the d15b8

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is the main girdle and bolts in my z6 strong enough for 600hp? Do they make arp's? If so, do I need them?
Yes there are ARP 2000 Bolts available.. the Main girdle Bolts in a Stock engine, are the same as the headbolts, so you can use the same Studs for the head and the girdle

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
Yes there are ARP 2000 Bolts available.. the Main girdle Bolts in a Stock engine, are the same as the headbolts, so you can use the same Studs for the head and the girdle
now I have to go check..

·
Registered
8 Posts
now I have to go check..
Do that, i have Like 35 D series engines in my Back shed, all taken apart, there are only four D series variants with diffrent head Bolt lenghts... But all the main girdle Bolts are the same lenght... On the D16Z6 the headbolts are longer ... But only 4mm buth the ARP Bolts should Work in every D series engines because they are always longer than they need to be... Its even funny that a 75hp d series engine even has a Main girdle 🤣 and the 185hp B16C does Not... I have built several D series engines, and my best advice is to use ARP headbolts as Main girdle Bolts especially in turbo engines also with MAHLE Motorsport ceramic bearings for rods and crank... And yes i know wtf i Talk about, im a german certified Car mechatronic ( mechanic and electritian atst)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Je sais que nous sommes en 2021 et que l'auto est vielle mais je sais pas si c'est arrivé a quel qun mais mon auto a eu un problème de bras de transmission et je me posais la question si c'était arrivé a quel qun ici pour savoir comment je peut réparer sa (elle est automatique)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Je sais que nous sommes en 2021 et que l'auto est vielle mais je sais pas si c'est arrivé a quel qun mais mon auto a eu un problème de bras de transmission et je me posais la question si c'était arrivé a quel qun ici pour savoir comment je peut réparer sa (elle est automatique)
What?

·
Registered
8 Posts
On which engine? Not my D... are you a bot?
I know that the US dies Not get the D14 you over there Misty have the D13 and the D16, the D15 is rare... But in Europe the D14 is the Most Common D series engine with either 75 or 95 HP either carburated or intakte runner injected...
The rarest in the EU is the D16A8 (its DOHC and has 130hp, its found in the ED9 and in the Rover 216i convertible)

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
thats fucking funny ,,
it's o.k ,the guy is a frenchmen ,he comes from canada but speaks a foriegn language and expects everbody else to speak that shit cuz the quebazi are well you know .so basically fuck him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thats fucking funny ,,
it's o.k ,the guy is a frenchmen ,he comes from canada but speaks a foriegn language and expects everbody else to speak that shit cuz the quebazi are well you know .so basically fuck him.
Dude i only speak german and english, french is the worst and most disgusting language in my opinion...

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,292 Posts

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
Do that, i have Like 35 D series engines in my Back shed, all taken apart, there are only four D series variants with diffrent head Bolt lenghts... But all the main girdle Bolts are the same lenght... On the D16Z6 the headbolts are longer ... But only 4mm buth the ARP Bolts should Work in every D series engines because they are always longer than they need to be... Its even funny that a 75hp d series engine even has a Main girdle 🤣 and the 185hp B16C does Not... I have built several D series engines, and my best advice is to use ARP headbolts as Main girdle Bolts especially in turbo engines also with MAHLE Motorsport ceramic bearings for rods and crank... And yes i know wtf i Talk about, im a german certified Car mechatronic ( mechanic and electritian atst)
ok just checked to make sure I wasn't crazy ,this is a y8 arp head stud and a girdle bolt .

arp stud is almost 1 millimeter smaller in diameter on the threads than the girdle bolt..

and even if they did fit wouldn't torquing the girdle to 62lbsft distort the bearing bores?

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok just checked to make sure I wasn't crazy ,this is a y8 arp head stud and a girdle bolt .

arp stud is almost 1 millimeter smaller in diameter on the threads than the girdle bolt..

and even if they did fit wouldn't torquing the girdle to 62lbsft distort the bearing bores?
View attachment 139046
In the engines that i have, the headbolts and the Main girdle Bolts are literally the same... And yes you'd need to adjust the tourque to the application

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts

View attachment 139046
I meant to check a OE set I had last night as well, and I know my set looks just like this.

Main girdle bolts are beefier than the head bolts, probably M11 or something, where the head stud is M10.

So yeah, North American D's are thicker for her pleasure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I meant to check a OE set I had last night as well, and I know my set looks just like this.

Main girdle bolts are beefier than the head bolts, probably M11 or something, where the head stud is M10.

So yeah, North American D's are thicker for her pleasure.
Thats Bad😅 european D's have the same Bolts all around...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the PM5 ECU. I just pulled it from my 91 CRX. Its running the 1.5l D15B2 engine with the DPFI. I just pulled a F.I relay off my 88 prelude SI to convert it to a MPFI. Im using the intake from a CRV that looks like a skunk2.. I have a P28 ECU and will run a AEM fuel rail. . My question is can i run the p28 while not using a Vtec head? And the Fuel injector(F.I) resistor box will work right?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts