Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to this; I’ve been reading different forums for a while ( in btwn work, sleep, bad weather & wrkn on my Civic), yet never followed any. This is the first one In following. I have a 92 civic Sedan (VTEC) that I’ve been working on; I bought it from this young dude who didn’t appreciate/know what he had, and I need some assistance from ppl who either have one & worked on them; or helped out a buddy with repairs (OEM) or Mods (Aftermarket).

Currently, I’m looking for BETTER shocks and struts than I have now; no coil overs ( streets here aren’t good enough for this ), and the rear of my car is sitting lower than the front, trying to figure this one out. I want to install a Rear Lower Control Arm Subframe Brace, but I have to figure out why the rear is sitting lower than the front…first.

I’m running headers w/o a cat, but looking for a Better setup as well. Lastly, my ABS light stays on; I’ve bled the entire system twice, obviously this hasn’t helped (there appears to be another fluid reservoir, below the proportioning valve, near the transmission fluid reservoir). Recently purchased wheel speed sensors (which look nothing like the ones that came on the vehicle), I have yet to install them; work, sleep, bad weather.
Any suggestion/assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, Peace✌🏽.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,710 Posts
Hello, I’m new to this; I’ve been reading different forums for a while ( in btwn work, sleep, bad weather & wrkn on my Civic), yet never followed any. This is the first one In following. I have a 92 civic Sedan (VTEC) that I’ve been working on; I bought it from this young dude who didn’t appreciate/know what he had, and I need some assistance from ppl who either have one & worked on them; or helped out a buddy with repairs (OEM) or Mods (Aftermarket).

Currently, I’m looking for BETTER shocks and struts than I have now; no coil overs ( streets here aren’t good enough for this ), and the rear of my car is sitting lower than the front, trying to figure this one out. I want to install a Rear Lower Control Arm Subframe Brace, but I have to figure out why the rear is sitting lower than the front…first.

I’m running headers w/o a cat, but looking for a Better setup as well. Lastly, my ABS light stays on; I’ve bled the entire system twice, obviously this hasn’t helped (there appears to be another fluid reservoir, below the proportioning valve, near the transmission fluid reservoir). Recently purchased wheel speed sensors (which look nothing like the ones that came on the vehicle), I have yet to install them; work, sleep, bad weather.
Any suggestion/assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, Peace✌🏽.
Thread is 10 years old, youll be waiting a while for updates. Starting a new thread for answers to your questions is the better thing to do.

Your ABS light being on is an electrical based issue, not a fluid issue. Need to pull the ABS fault codes to start troubleshooting. Bleeding the brakes will not fix it.

Any reason your replacing wheel speed sensors?

There is no transmission fluid reservoir on our cars, all trans fluid is contained inside the transmission case. What are you thinking is the trans fluid reservoir? If your looking at the black box mounted on the firewall, that is the EVAP canister. DO NOT find a way to fill this with transmission or brake fluid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1997 ek3 hatch back with a d15b motor its A/T cvt it wont revv past 5500 rpm the engine is non vtec it looks like the dizzy was swapped

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,296 Posts
first noob. 1aauto.com, rockauto.com or hell, even google.com will give you a whole list of stock replacement suspension.
first noob. don't touch your car again till you download a shop manual, or Haynes manual and actually have an idea what youre looking at or doing.

2nd noob. is it shifting gears when its stuck at 5500 rpms? any engine lights? trans fluid clean and not burnt?

Reactions: robgoof

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thread is 10 years old, youll be waiting a while for updates. Starting a new thread for answers to your questions is the better thing to do.

Your ABS light being on is an electrical based issue, not a fluid issue. Need to pull the ABS fault codes to start troubleshooting. Bleeding the brakes will not fix it.

Any reason your replacing wheel speed sensors?

There is no transmission fluid reservoir on our cars, all trans fluid is contained inside the transmission case. What are you thinking is the trans fluid reservoir? If your looking at the black box mounted on the firewall, that is the EVAP canister. DO NOT find a way to fill this with transmission or brake fluid.
Thanks for the info, I didn’t know the thread was THAT Old. I’ll create a new one for my question. I haven’t taken pics of the engine bay to show you what I’m describing, but there IS another reservoir and NOT…The EVAP canister. I’ll take some pics then upload them to the new thread. I’d appreciate if you’d check it out, and offer any assistance.
Gonna check those codes ASAP, thanks again.✌🏽

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
730 Posts
Stuts need matched to springs, springs need picked based on a number of factors. Is it riding on some form of drop spring? Rim/ tire size? Bushing material? Any extra baggage or lightening done( big subwoofers and amps or stripped interior)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will be spraying a 50 shot per cylinder total, and the intake will be opening over 20 times per second at 5000rpm, Do you honestly think that this .030 jet will displace more volume then the cylinder?

BTW at our quarter track "zex" brand kits are responsible for more engine faluires than any other nitrous company.

How can you honestly claim that throttle body injecting is superior to direct port nitrous? Really come the F on, do you really have that little experience with nitrous? I have lost all respect for your nitrous knowledge due to this comment. If that were true then why are we not running TB injection EFI and instaed we have gone from that to port EFI, and now direct cylinder injection. I mean come on.
It's been 10 years, almost. How did it go?

·
5,296 Posts
It's been 10 years, almost. How did it go?
considering the guy you quoted hasn't been on since 2012, I would hold my breath and wait for a reply.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Banned
1 Posts
AOA
My Honda city 1999 has fallen with same problem. While stoping car and engaging clutch it dies as its electricity cut off.

Please guide me for its solution please.

·
Registered
1994 turbo hatch
161 Posts
OP. civics have softer rear springs than front because most of the weight is in the front. honda has defied reality and made a good handling car with something like 70/30 weight (at least in the hatch trim) lol.
anyways soft springs wear out faster than stiffer springs as i learned with the A60 Celica Supras. the supra trim had equal spring rates in front and rear because weight was 53/47. the GT-S and GT-R trims had a short front clip and were more of a touring car and so they had softer springs in front to achieve the “flat ride” effect and so the front springs on the GTS trim wear out long before the supra trim. the Civic has softer springs in the rear so all you need is new ones :)

EDIT: delete ABS and remove the bulb

·
Registered
6 Posts
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! 93 cx hatch d15b7 has no 02 sensor connection but has orange and black wire coming from a6 terminal off p06 ecu. How would I wire in ecu for 02 sensor????

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,997 Posts
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! 93 cx hatch d15b7 has no 02 sensor connection but has orange and black wire coming from a6 terminal off p06 ecu. How would I wire in ecu for 02 sensor????
The same as it would be from factory..

·
Registered
6 Posts
The same as it would be from factory..
It looks like someone done a mini wire tuck and there’s no connection on the harness for a 02 do I need to go through the wire harness and try to find the original wire for o2 or just tie into the a6 pin on the ecu. It’s my brothers car he’s not trying to dump a lot of money into it. I’ve always used hondata or had a chipped ecu so I could just turn it off so the ecu isn’t looking for it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can someone please tell me what this plug is with one white wire in it near the trans and head It’s a d15b7 block with a a6 head I can’t find anywhere else it would go and it doesn’t have a o2 sensor anywhere

·
5,296 Posts
1 wire? temp sensor

Reactions: drtalon123
1 - 20 of 46 Posts