Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many of us are or were heavy smokers.
For new year resolution I proposed myself to stop smoking. I smoked without ever try to stop for 13 years. On december 31th I said no more, so I smoked my last cigarettes, on the package I wrote "The last One" and "No more"
Well it's January 2 and I ain't touched a cig since that day. After work and after meals I feel a little urge to smoke (coz that's when I mostly used to smoke) but I could overrun them.

Who else has this new years resolution?

Who successfully stop smoking? Can you share some tips to deal with the urges to smoke?

Post your success in days, this can motivate others to quit and also support each other the "in-process-non-smokers"

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i quit a few years back.......just basiclly crushed my pack and quit........best not to buy cigs.....i find it one thing if ya break down and bum one but dont buy em....its down hill from there....

good luck man!

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix chantix

saved my life

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
i love it when people decide to stop smoking!
good for you man.
i personaly just hate the smell
but i dont think any less of smokers i just choose not to do it
but rep for you for not smoking

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx all.
I never proposed quit to myself. I tried the little NIC OUT filters, which capture the Tar in the cig. Those things are good, since they are completely transparent you can actually see the SHIT you are inhaling in. That made me really think... Also all the money I can save... in my case it's like almost $600 a year!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i quit a few years back.......just basiclly crushed my pack and quit........best not to buy cigs.....i find it one thing if ya break down and bum one but dont buy em....its down hill from there....

good luck man!
yeah, I did the same, Smoked the last pack and didn't buy another. Still I passed a little test, a friend of mine smoking next to me, I ate like 3 chewin' gums. LOL

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah, the will part is essential, you can buy patches, gums, and meds, but with no will and no real motivation it's easy to fall back. I'm playing honest with myself. I noticed how easy I was getting fatigued with things I usually did easy, I could run on the track for at least 30 mins, now I only last about 7 before I break my breath rythm. Also my oral gums have begun so sensitives, no matter what, I will bleed for a cut when I brush my teeth. In sum of all it's awfull, that's what makes me will to stop.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
i been trying forever to stop smoking im like a crack head i go threw withdraws like bad migraines and nausea yea its that bad. i tired the cold turkey technique and it doesn't work i don't know what else to do. i know its just in my head but i been smoking for 9 years and i cant quit even after getting pneumonia its terrible.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
The success rate on this is really good. The Ex almost quit (and that was the closest she's ever come).

You can do it guys! I've been 4 1/2 years now with out one. All I can tell you is it does get easier. Nicotine is every bit as addictive as heroin. I will take a bit, but you won't miss it!

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
yes chantix. Its a non nicotene pill that blocks the nicotene receptors. I didnt think it would work. I tried it, smoked the first week of taking the pill, because it lets you. then i woke up the day i wasnt supossed to smoke anymore. my cravings were gone, altho it was a hand habit for me want to smoke, but that went away a few days later. I have been smoke[tobacco :D] free for over 2 years now. I really feel like chantix saved my life, and i have so much more money now from not smoking. Its crazy how much money you really save!

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
I smoked alot of pot everyday for 6 years and on april 21st three yrs ago I just stopped, I smoked grits for a few months and relapsed once. I know pot is easier to quit than ciggarettes but both take strong will-power. good luck to you and congrats on making a good choice.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
i been trying forever to stop smoking im like a crack head i go threw withdraws like bad migraines and nausea yea its that bad. i tired the cold turkey technique and it doesn't work i don't know what else to do. i know its just in my head but i been smoking for 9 years and i cant quit even after getting pneumonia its terrible.
same for me man. its really hard i really wish i could stop also. i get pneumonia all the time now. in fact i almost died last year when i kept coughing and passed out because i could not breath. i popped a shit load of blood vessels in my face i was purple for like two weeks. seeing this thread might give me the motivation to stop once and for all!

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
yeah ive smoked pot since i was 14, and everyday since i was 16 and now im 23. i quit the day i wanted to quit[2 months ago]. its not addictive like cigs are. Its only "mentally addictive" to the people that turned smoking weed into a hobby.

like the people that stay home, get baked and only play video games.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
same for me man. its really hard i really wish i could stop also. i get pneumonia all the time now. in fact i almost died last year when i kept coughing and passed out because i could not breath. i popped a shit load of blood vessels in my face i was purple for like two weeks. seeing this thread might give me the motivation to stop once and for all!
holy shit man and i thought i had it bad im also hoping this thread gives me motivation as well so i can stop making excuses. cig's are my only demon that i cant quit pot was to damn easy alcohol never a problem. cancer sticks have been owning me like no other. freaking 6 packs a week is what i go threw man. i can only imagine how much money im wasting of this habit. i almost died also from pneumonia because i was still smoking. you would think something as bad as that would make me quit it only made it worse lol. im going to give those chantix pills a try cause the patch never worked or the gum lol.

does anyone ever go threw crazy mood swings when the tried quitting cause i turn into a mad beast when im off it for the first 2 days that my girl ends up paying the price.

1 - 20 of 412 Posts