Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Civic Coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the problem im having....I have a D16z6 in a 1995 honda civic....When i first start my car is idles fine until it trys to idle itself down. Some one told to clean out my IAC so i did. It worked for about 30 miles then started back. Price a new IAC and it was $200 :shoot:. I just want to know is there a way to block it off or a permanent fix for it....HELP!!!!

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Permanent fix? Block it off and adjust idle with the throttle stopper. Not recommended if you have AC or a high draw audio system. :)

·
Registered
Civic Coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really appreciate it everyone...and @neonpinhead it is a bouncing idle, it revs up and down rapidly. I will try just cleaning it out really good tomorrow. What would be the worst case scenario if i do have ac and blocked it off???

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
I really appreciate it everyone...and @neonpinhead it is a bouncing idle, it revs up and down rapidly. I will try just cleaning it out really good tomorrow. What would be the worst case scenario if i do have ac and blocked it off???
It will die.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
I would have said this if the problem was a bouncing idle... who knows some people do not know how to ask questions or explain a situation.
tighten FITV
I'm either good or a psychic, or both.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
I'm either good or a psychic, or both.
yep, take the 1 coolant hose off the FITV on the bottom of the throttle body, remove the 3 12mm bolts to separate the FITV from the throttle body, remove the 2 8mm screws from the back of the FITV, tighten the white nylon washer with a flat head screw driver, apply thread locker to nylon washer, re assemble in the reverse order. No more bouncing idle after warming up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts