Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past couple years I posted threads pertaining to my dad and his antics. As some of you know in 2011 he was sentenced 89 years to life in a California state penitentary for some horrendous crimes, and that was pretty much the end of our father son relationship. As he was in there serving his time me and him got back in touch on good terms. No matter what happened he was my dad and I loved him, regardless if it was behind visiting room glass. Fast forward to may 18th of this year, he was diagnosed with cancer of the liver, and only given three months to live. I went and seen him, spent as much time with him as I could, and tried to brighten up as much of his days as I could. Well, August 20th at 9:18am he fulfilled his life sentence, and was granted eternal peace, more of a freedom away from all the bad in his life. I'm still fighting with the state to receive his ashes, and when I do I'm gonna spread them up Donner Pass going towards Reno off the back of his Harley I was willed. That was his favorite place to ride to, and that's the only way I see fit to send the old man into the wind. Whelp, just wanted to fill in the few folks that knew about everything going on over the years, thanks for listing DSO, happy holidays to everyone.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Shit man, unsure what to say. Kinda sounds like both bad and good, in a way. Hopefully the state will give you possession of his ashes soon.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Peace be with him. I'm glad you reconciled before he passed. Like you said regardless what he did, he's still your dad. Gl bro

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sad to hear, and glad to hear. Both good news and bad. If you hadnt of reconciled before he passed, you would have always hated the fact. Im glad you guys were on good terms.

Ill be moving up that way soon, to the mountains of Grass Valley. Ill also be looking to buy a cruiser. We should go ride. If you havent spread his ashes yet, Ill ride along if you wish.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shit man, unsure what to say. Kinda sounds like both bad and good, in a way. Hopefully the state will give you possession of his ashes soon.
I hope so, it's been a mother fucker so far.

Peace be with him. I'm glad you reconciled before he passed. Like you said regardless what he did, he's still your dad. Gl bro
Thank you for the kind words sir.

Sad to hear, and glad to hear. Both good news and bad. If you hadnt of reconciled before he passed, you would have always hated the fact. Im glad you guys were on good terms.

Ill be moving up that way soon, to the mountains of Grass Valley. Ill also be looking to buy a cruiser. We should go ride. If you havent spread his ashes yet, Ill ride along if you wish.
That would be rad, none of my friends ride :(

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
it was cool of you to rekindle your bond with your dad...

i'm sure it made his journey a lot easier in the end...

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was cool of you to rekindle your bond with your dad...

i'm sure it made his journey a lot easier in the end...
That's all I can really hope for.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
It's great to see you back man! And what else can I say the whole situation sucks. You got robbed of a father but at least you two made peace before he left.

Supper stoked to see that you two did make amends, sorry for your loss, and I'm glad for you and your family for now getting the opportunity to move forward with your lives!

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's great to see you back man! And what else can I say the whole situation sucks. You got robbed of a father but at least you two made peace before he left.

Supper stoked to see that you two did make amends, sorry for your loss, and I'm glad for you and your family for now getting the opportunity to move forward with your lives!
Yea it's nice to be back! I missed the D (no homo).

That's really all I could do, had to get over the petty stuff and see the bigger picture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts