Honda D Series Forum banner
161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is awesome!! I love how the way the car is turning out!

I have an EJ4 (EK D16y7) with a 1320 UEL Headers and the Yonaka Catback set up. Besides that, the rest is stock.

My question is have you ever run into the p0141 CEL code with this set up? I can't seem to shake it off, and I tried the L shape piece, new o2 sensors and the extension harness but no dice. I've search the forums and tried all possible suggestions

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,777 Posts
"
  • Diagnosis: It is important to complete the entire diagnostic process when diagnosing the P0141 code. This DTC can be triggered by a faulty oxygen sensor, incorrect voltage, or even a loose/corroded engine ground.

Heated oxygen sensors contain heating elements to help them get to operating temperature quickly in order to minimize the amount of time spent before they can provide feedback to the powertrain control module. Sensor two is downstream of the catalytic converter ensures the catalytic converter is operating efficiently by monitoring the air-fuel ratio coming out of the catalytic converter. Code P0141 occurs when the powertrain control module tests the downstream heated oxygen sensor’s heater circuit on Bank 1 and detects a short in the circuit or excessive resistance in the heater circuit."

P0141 – Meaning, Causes, Symptoms, & Fixes

·
Registered
EJ8
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
This is awesome!! I love how the way the car is turning out!

I have an EJ4 (EK D16y7) with a 1320 UEL Headers and the Yonaka Catback set up. Besides that, the rest is stock.

My question is have you ever run into the p0141 CEL code with this set up? I can't seem to shake it off, and I tried the L shape piece, new o2 sensors and the extension harness but no dice. I've search the forums and tried all possible suggestions
I can't say I have ever encountered that code. I have only received the p0420 but only pops during the winter, once spring hits, it disappears and I ignore it until the cold returns. :LOL:

Aside from getting blasted with a derecho? Land Hurricane apparently - Where I live was spared, thankfully. I credit the lake, it tends to divert nasty storms away. Can't say the same for other places though. The road out front of my work has 10 downed hydro poles so I may get an extra-long weekend. Every town around me got smashed.. but either way, this is what I got up to this long weekend. :)

I have been wanting to do a custom trunk floor for a long time. I found a relatively large enough piece of MDF in my garage hiding behind my toolbox (win) and got to work.

Road surface Asphalt Wood Floor Composite material

My original floor carpet was hard to use to trace, so I expected it to come out weird but it wasn't too bad. You can see my mistakes :p

Wood Automotive exterior Composite material Floor Asphalt

General shape with my storage door, sub and amp. I used a jig saw to get the shape and then just sanded down the edges after I was happy with fitment.

Property Wood Motor vehicle Architecture Outdoor furniture

I made a support skeleton I guess you could say underneath so the door has something to rest on and sits off the trunk floor a bit, hoping this keeps things from sagging since the spare tire hole is massive.

Plant Automotive tire Wood Road surface Tree

I decided to elevate the amp table for storage space underneath, or for wiring... maybe just to be fancy?

Output device Office equipment Wood Computer hardware Gas

Automotive tire Electronic instrument Hood Bumper Audio equipment

.. and this is how it all came together at the end. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. From start to finish it was about six hours with some breaks in between, so not too bad. Today is the final install and get the audio stuff hooked up :) I have a few little things to add but the main part is done!

·
Registered
EJ8
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Man, it has been SLOW at work this past week, so I used my 12hr shift wisely by detailing the car. It came out nice, proof that you can polish a turd. :sneaky:

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

I also brought in my Buddy Clubs and test-fit them on the front end and this is how it came out..

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Have some poke going on. I am going to need to adjust the suspension for sure. I am thinking to raise the rear about half an inch or so, leaving the fronts alone... See how I do. It's pretty chilly here still, especially at night. Where is the heat... It's depressing. We've been in the single digits, low doubles at night the past little bit and then it just friggin monsoon rains for days.

Planning a Dragon run for 2024 with a few people - Perhaps @robgoof will join and bring all the poutine? I'll make you a mini poutine table for the trunk?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,480 Posts
Man, it has been SLOW at work this past week, so I used my 12hr shift wisely by detailing the car. It came out nice, proof that you can polish a turd. :sneaky:

View attachment 142092

I also brought in my Buddy Clubs and test-fit them on the front end and this is how it came out..

View attachment 142096
View attachment 142095
View attachment 142094

Have some poke going on. I am going to need to adjust the suspension for sure. I am thinking to raise the rear about half an inch or so, leaving the fronts alone... See how I do. It's pretty chilly here still, especially at night. Where is the heat... It's depressing. We've been in the single digits, low doubles at night the past little bit and then it just friggin monsoon rains for days.

Planning a Dragon run for 2024 with a few people - Perhaps @robgoof will join and bring all the poutine? I'll make you a mini poutine table for the trunk?

interesting..

·
Registered
EJ8
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Insurance comes off the car as of Aug 1st. They will not renew my policy due to age and everyone else wants full recertification, photos and appraisal. My mechanic said the rear end needs to be re-done in order to receive a safety. So I have decided to let the policy just run out and have the car off the road a few months earlier than I wanted but it's not so bad, I will have some nice weather to start ripping it apart. I am looking forward to it. Going to pull the motor, rebuild it, etc. My mechanic is really trying to sway me into a B series, tells me it has way more potential but I have faith in these D series. Maybe I can get my hands on a DOHC ZC? Or just pull the D15B and go ham sandwich on it?

So because of all of this, I am in the process of buying a 2015 JK Wrangler. Will be my epic everyday yeehaw and parts hauler.

I didn't sell my Buddy Clubs, I just decided to keep them. I was going to run them for the remainder of the month before the car is off the road but I would need to pull/roll fenders and shit, meh. Can't be bothered but at least I will have some nice wheels to run when it is back on the road.

Only thing I have really done lately is get new fog lights installed, and they worked until I washed the car and the relay I had sitting upside down (Dumbass) and it shorted out. So I found a random one in the garage, made a bracket so it hopefully won't have that issue again.

Painted it that wrinkle black to match the valve cover. I didn't take my time with it, big ol run.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper

The new fogs installed.
Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

and the K Tuned ground straps that desperately needed to be put on. The original ones were super corroded and frayed.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive fuel system Auto part

The engine bay looks so crowded. AC will be coming out for sure, and I'll probably keep it aside just in case. The 1320 header is going to be taken off and not ever used again. Not sure what route I will go, depends on what I do I guess.

That is about it. Oh and it hit 413,000kms the other day. Only real issue is the oil pan gasket is leaking, yes the one I replaced not long ago and MAYBE an internal coolant leak? Maybe.. I have coolant disappearing but no leaks that I can see. The petcock did vibrate open a few weeks ago but fixed that and no visible leaks since, anywhere... Not burning oil.. Coolant doesn't look milky? Maybe a bit cloudy? I am not too concerned right now but something to think about.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts