Honda D Series Forum banner
121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,839 Posts
Curious to see how that CobraRTP works out for you. I might have to get one or two solely for futureproofing reasons.
Or for the legality of the issue and their subsequent banning.............

I can feel it coming in the air of night.........

·
Registered
EJ8
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
... Anyways :LOL:

MAP Sensor took a dump on me Thursday night, thankfully this one is obtainable, replacement should be here by Monday afternoon.

I am not looking forward to getting those off. They'll be one of those, come loose and think you're in the clear and then SNAP!

Wood Font Metal Sculpture Natural material

My headlights no longer adjust so I have OEM black housing ones on the way. I am going to take apart the projector housing ones and retrofit my own stuff in there. Not sure if I want to stick with the HID life or go LED. Opinions welcome...

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,839 Posts
Agreed on the impact tool. They work well. Also, I prefer LED to HID now. Much simpler and very bright.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,479 Posts
take it from me ,,soak the fuk out of the screws ,,like two day bath ...they will either snap or they won't ..

light hammer action also.
or just break the sensor offf at the screws to get at the root rust,,

·
Registered
EJ8
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
So after soaking the screws for most of the time frame that @robgoof suggested. Either way, the heads were super soft and I couldn't get a good grip (Hate when that happens..lol) So I used a hacksaw and put a slit in the top, enough for a flat head to fit in there and honest to god it worked, boom they came out.. I was really surprised. So, I did a full voltage check on the engine harness and the original sensor, both came out within proper operating spec? I did install the new one this morning and it's still running like a giant pile of shit.

So, I am just leaving it alone right now to hibernate. I have an appointment later today to discuss numbers on the new daily, I won't mention anything yet about what it is :p I am really excited to get a 2nd car though so I can stop driving this thing in the snow/salt and be able to take it apart piece by piece and not need it for work. Tired of doing that.

I finally spoiled myself a little bit. All I had was that red one on top and the tackle box on the floor. An excuse to buy new tools :) My grandpa gave me all the tools he had when he was in the military so now I have somewhere to put them. To hold those tools and think of how many aircraft they have been used on, where they have been, and they feel brand new still, can definitely feel the difference of how tools are made today compared to some of those.
Dartboard Darts Wood Office equipment Gas

·
Registered
EJ8
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Is that a mirror in your pocket? Or do you have 2 dart boards in your garage... kick ass

Detroit Series 60 badge, for the best of times.
You are seeing correctly, two dartboards. It used to be my summer thing, get half-bagged on whisky and play darts with friends or entertain myself but now there is an 81' chevy cab in there so my drunken dart fun has been put on hold for a little while.

The first truck I ever drove was a KW W900L and it had a Detroit in it, I fondly remember having frequent electrical issues on that truck, had a shit ton of miles though so really couldn't complain too much and the company hardly maintained it.

I just want to know where you found tool boxes that are named "Power fist". I mean there's a lot in that name........a lot..........
LOL. A Canadian company called Princess Auto sells it. Used to originally be an auto-wrecking business in Manitoba eh. Power fisting. What's the nature of that David Suzuki!

121 - 140 of 166 Posts