Honda D Series Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
EJ8
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
... still waiting on parts, so last weekend I decided to wrap my roof. This was my first time doing a section this large and it is definitely a learning experience. I think it will take a few more wraps before I get a better grasp on it. My plan was to do the trunk this colour as well, and then everything else a satin carmine red by 3M.

I tried to replace my windshield molding but for the life of me, it would not sit in there... so I used double sided tape and put the old one back on for now until I can either take it to someone to do, or figure out what I am doing wrong. The replacement I bought is from Honda.

My car is a bit fugly cosmetically but.. work in progress :p

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

Car Vehicle Plant Window Motor vehicle

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,346 Posts
I think we can all agree that we like it. Especially the art you put on the hood :)

Reactions: NoyBubble

·
Registered
EJ8
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
So on my way home from work last Monday, I only made it through one intersection and then blew a main brake line. What a way to start the week.... The original lines are still on the car, hidden under that plastic and the lines that were re done were ran under it, looped around each other and held on with hundreds of zip ties. So, even though I had suggestions of patching it, there really isn't a way.. it's all just.. shit.

On a more positive note... Should have the rest of my transmission swap parts in on Friday and I was offered a Garrett MGT2259S off my friends car. He has upgraded and is sending it out to be fully rebuilt if I want it. 'll be honest I haven't researched anything about it as of yet, but if anyone is going to be able to give me a straight yes or no answer, it's you guys.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
brake line fun in canada ..
pretty much when ever I pick up a used civic the first job is always a complete fuel and brake line replacement ..
cause they are almost always shittily patched hackjob ziptied and rusted to fuk.

is that turbo off a subaru?
funny flange and all?
I would only use it for a homemade setup if the turbo was next to free and had the sub exhaust mani to steal the flange from,,that's just me,,

·
Registered
EJ8
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
brake line fun in canada ..
pretty much when ever I pick up a used civic the first job is always a complete fuel and brake line replacement ..
cause they are almost always shittily patched hackjob ziptied and rusted to fuk.

is that turbo off a subaru?
funny flange and all?
I would only use it for a homemade setup if the turbo was next to free and had the sub exhaust mani to steal the flange from,,that's just me,,
Ah yes, this is true.. I should have done it sooner, was definitely on the list but of course, typical me.. "Oh shInY fUN sTuFF" instead of being a responsible adult and paying attention to stuff like that... for example, The car was a nightmare to drive last winter because my camber/toe in the rear is so out of whack, I bought parts to fix that before this winter, had an entire year.. have I done it yet? Nope. lol.

The turbo is off a 2017 WRX and yes it is free, funny flange and all.

·
Registered
EJ8
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Brake lines have been repaired but in turn all the fiddling down there made the fuel lines leak, of course it did.. you know that whole snowball effect. The shop only charged me $100 cash to do it and they fixed it pretty quick, but used 5ft of rubber hose. I don't know how I feel about that. I mean, if this car was going to continue to be winter driven.. I could see that rubber hose degrading very quickly. I guess for now it'll have to do. The shop tried to protect my paint (I think?) with one of those rubber mats that go over the fenders but they failed to clean the dirt from under neath it and scratched the ever living shit out of my fenders... and my eye lid. I am annoyed about it.. but, the fenders need replacing anyways and the paint isn't great, so I am not too bent on it but I wish people would be more aware of what they are doing.

Overall not a horrible experience but still wish I was able to do that myself, but.. it wasn't in the cards this time.

Picking up the rest of my parts for the transmission swap this afternoon, and that I will be doing myself.. next couple of weeks or so. I was going to do it this weekend but driveway space is not available, long weekend too.. would have been perfect. Oh well.

I am taking my car to the shop on Monday, the whole place will be empty so I can take my time. Going to do step one of winter mode, clean up whatever needs it, grease parts and undercoat the crap out of the car. Winter tires go on next weekend.. Apparently the weather guru's are calling for a bad winter. I wouldn't mind it, really.. it's been a while and I can maybe go ice fishing this year. Anyone else go ice fishing??

·
Registered
EJ8
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
I used this product called.. Fluid Film for the first time as I have heard a few people recommend it and swear by it. A little bit goes a very long way. I did it at work so I was able to use the undercoating gun I had laying around, which uses air and I am thankful because considering how thick it was (.. that's what she said), it would have been difficult with a brush I think. I absolutely blasted this car and I am happy how it turned out. I thoroughly went over the car and my rocker panels are in fantastic shape, I didn't see a lick of rust anywhere on them (surprisingly). It's mostly the rear quarter panels, but I have patch panels for that so I am not too concerned about it. My fuel filler neck looks horrible, I am afraid to touch it. lol. With snow right around the corner, I am not sure I want to even attempt that right now.

Wow.. Look at that shift linkage. Yikes.

Wood Natural material Tints and shades Metal Auto part

I am going to order a toe arm from Hardrace soon, I wonder how much shit I will break trying to get that off..
Automotive tire Wood Rim Tints and shades Pattern

It looks nasty in some spots but overall it's pretty decent down there for a body that has over 400kms of salt, brine and god knows what else.

Property Wood Flooring Fixture Ceiling

So who has shift linkage rods they'd be willing to sell me? With as little rust as possible.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,346 Posts
That toe arm.........I broke them all on my car, and it wasn't a salt car. Was a little rusty, but I snapped them and then had to grind and sawzall them out. Good luck with that. Just plan that they will all break and if they don't then yay!

Might try Freeze Off on them before attempting. At least that way you got a shot at it

·
Registered
EJ8
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
That toe arm.........I broke them all on my car, and it wasn't a salt car. Was a little rusty, but I snapped them and then had to grind and sawzall them out. Good luck with that. Just plan that they will all break and if they don't then yay!

Might try Freeze Off on them before attempting. At least that way you got a shot at it
So treat them like every other part on my car that probably hasn't been changed in 10 years.. Got it. lol

101 - 111 of 111 Posts