Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 EK
104 Posts
It would be nice if this really did work, but I swear I saw something like this on mythbusters and it didn't work. They tried a bunch of gas mileage improvements tests and nothing really worked.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be nice if this really did work, but I swear I saw something like this on mythbusters and it didn't work. They tried a bunch of gas mileage improvements tests and nothing really worked.
i saw that episode too, and this wasnt tested.

by the way, that link I gave you is the online version of the San Francisco Chronicle, which is pretty reputable.

Its a fake.. I can make one of thoes things.
i doubt it. electolysis is simple, but making it work for a car is complicated, and everything is precise.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i'm having a hard time believing that it would work. First off, the electrolysis would probably be driven by the alternator, which itself isn't 100% efficient. Then, you would be splitting the water, which again probably isn't 100% efficient(probably gets really hot from the reaction). The oxygen and hydrogen then probably enters the engine and does its stuff like the author said. But remember, the engine is now under strain from the alternator putting out a higher field to generate more electricity. Ultimately, i see no gains, more strain on the engine, and an alternator which will burn out faster than it normally would.

i don't know, why dont you shell out 700 bucks and tell us how it works. Maybe it will, but i'm skeptical

1 - 10 of 10 Posts