Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
vtece-hatch said:
damn nice, 145 hp and 500 miles per tank :shocked: thats nice :TU:
interesting; getting more mpg than a stock powerplant designed with fuel economy in mind (stock b7; 35-41 highway, manual), but making 40 some more hp...which obviously requires more fuel...

you'd think a stock honda would be the epitome of efficiency.

F

·
0 Posts
So the only mods you done are the cam, intake and port job??? still carbie fed?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
bspeed said:
Why would you want to run the vtec ecu over non? in a non-vtec engine
1) 300 rpm higher fuel cut, 6500 vs. 6800 with CEL 22
2) no speed limiter
3) P06 ecu out getting chipped

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
do you use a wideband to tune your fuel settings? just curious ...

i'm thinking you've got the fuel values tuned leaner than stock to get that high mpg.
retarding it a bit more than usual perhaps? this is very odd... will your catalyst melt? hmmm...

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
what do you get form P&P like top end or bottom end and what kinda numbers? for a A6?

·
0 Posts
I want that kinda gas mileage. :( I'm getting 22mpg, ~220 miles on a tank, driving it almost to empty.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My car has yet to be wideband tuned, just my oldschool (V8) knowledge. Right now the A6 cam is 1/2 tooth retarded and once cam is dialed in correctly with a adjustablbe cam gear, I fully expect mileage to jump from 43 mpg highway to 47-48 mpg highway. Then I'd only need 10.5 gallons or so (11.9 gallon tank) to get my 500 miles per tank goal. With the cold weather, it's not gonna happen till March or so due to the warm up times of the engine.

93sohcvtec, shitcan the skunk2 program as it is for a high compression LS/GSR motor and has no place on a SOHC tune.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
what do you have your fuel pressure set to???

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I guess about 40 psi, vacuum line on at idle.

ECU will adjust injector pulse width though thru short term/long term fuel tables.

·
0 Posts
transzex said:
93sohcvtec, shitcan the skunk2 program as it is for a high compression LS/GSR motor and has no place on a SOHC tune.
Is there another program that you would recommend?

I had figured as much as far as what kinda engine it was meant for... But it runs sooo much better and has a lot more power with this program. :(

·
Registered
636 Posts
93sohcvtec said:
I want that kinda gas mileage. :( I'm getting 22mpg, ~220 miles on a tank, driving it almost to empty.
then you need 2 start learning 2 drive ;)

my D16Z6 95 HB with the lot.. runs with me behind the wheel (fast) 281 miles on like 35-38 liter benzo .. with the lady behind it.. 350 miles on like 38 liters... min. i think 35-38 MPG ?? when shes driving and like 28-32 MPG with me behind..

·
0 Posts
zeus zore said:
then you need 2 start learning 2 drive ;)

my D16Z6 95 HB with the lot.. runs with me behind the wheel (fast) 281 miles on like 35-38 liter benzo .. with the lady behind it.. 350 miles on like 38 liters... min. i think 35-38 MPG ?? when shes driving and like 28-32 MPG with me behind..
It's my skunk2 ecu. It runs rich as all hell, but it's got a crapload of power for not being custom tuned, 100X better than stock... I just need to get on a dyno and tune it properly... Or get my friend to stick his wideband on it.

·
0 Posts
transzex said:
kill the $5 skuckass chip, get a real SOHC chip.
It's just a simple program on a flash rom chip that I had thrown on there when I got the new ECU. I just need to get the chip reprogrammed. The problem is that the place that I had program the first one has gone out of business, so I need to track down the owner. He has a wideband o2 and crap so he can make a chip designed for my engine. It won't be dyno tuning, but it will be pretty damn close.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
nice number trans, i don't think i'll ever see those numbers, hell i'm lucky to see 30+ MPG (lots of highway, and doing 65-70MPH = 3500+ RPM) this tranny is NOT effieceint at all.

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
shit my stock d15 wiht DPFI i get 34-36 but i aingt getting half the fuel to the motor you guys are my system puts out 30 less hp then the MPFI system on the same motor

21 - 39 of 39 Posts