Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what was 135 hp (118 whp) has been improved a bit........

Took my old D15B7 with CRX cam and Z6 intake........allowed Ryan (D-Blocked) to port the head (pics have been listed before) then added a Gude ported Z6 intake manifold and bored thorttle body.

Ryan rode with me during first test drive. Mine you I was using a my STOCK DX exhaust manifold and cat (so quiet at idle!) and P28 ECU with the chip that got 44 mpg in the Z6, using same DX tranny.

First hard pull in first gear, 5000 to 6800 revlimiter was right NOW. After a few pulls we come to a nice traffic light, all I could say was "WOW!"........

My little D15 impressed the shit out of me, enough that all ZEX parts will likely be sold soon.

Did I mention the stock exhaust manifold and cat?????? WTF will this BEAST do when ALLOWED to breath?????????

With a Exospeed cam????????

New goal, 13.99 on a NA D15, screw nitrous.

Also with the highway tranny I wanna get 50 mpg with current setup.

I will have my cake and eat it TOO!!!!!!!

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
transzex said:
what was 135 hp (118 whp) has been improved a bit........

Took my old D15B7 with CRX cam and Z6 intake........allowed Ryan (D-Blocked) to port the head (pics have been listed before) then added a Gude ported Z6 intake manifold and bored thorttle body.
do you have any links to the pics of the head or should i search on H-T???
sounds like fun, is that on a stock bottom end or did you do the d15 long rod???

plan to keep the dx tranny??? or is this just the current setup???

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The DX tranny just for now. Being jobless = need MPG!!!!!!! One of my close ratio gearboxes will go in with a OBX diff in the spring.

The short block is BONE STOCK with about 130,000 miles on it. I only cleaned the piston tops.

The head........pics were posted awhile back on sohchonda.com

Gude TB and intake, only paid $50 for both........

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, I took it out for a long drive after filling up the tank.........

2800-2900 rpm, 65-68 mph, 118 miles later gas gauge hasn't moved yet.

500 miles to a tank of gas is my prediction.

Yes, you can have 145 hp D15 and get 50 mpg too!!!!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Proof I is a redneck..............

The engine lift.........

the Ox yoke thru the attic opening.........yellow rope for tranny swap......hold the motor up via upper dizzy bolt......

D15 back home again........

Something is missing, must have misplaced it 5-6 years ago.......oh well.......(thank god for ES inserts!)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I love the engine hoist. Thats the setup we had for a while in a friends garage, the come-along and straps.

Glad to hear the b7 is rocking that hard. That motor + the OBX + radials/slicks should take you to 13.9 pretty easily.

Wil at Exospeed should be able to hook you up pretty well on a cam.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
ill race you to the goal :) ill be dissapointed if the gutted d16 crx gets owned by eg with the d15beast7.....im close though ran a 14.2 withonly 14 degrees of timing and next time i wont lift...goodluck hope you make it to the 13's...

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
very ghetto engine hoist.......we didn't even have one.........we just used brute force. If I did that shit at my place, it probably would have pulled the roof down.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts