Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i found a 1995 civic ex for $600 online. When you turn the key the starter turns but the engine wont fire, leads me to think coil something along those lines any ideas? it has a D16Z6 engine with mugen valve covers. It also comes with D16 head ready for rebulid,oil pan,oil pick up,Crank shaft and pulley, New performance Gagues ready for install,and an upgraded water pump ready for install, my main question may be dumb but is it worth the money? i cant post pics yet so i cant show u but it has NO body damage. and already on the car is AEM cold air intake, GREDDY catback, and Chikara Headers it has 180,000 miles on it. Again any help would be great........Kinda Excited About this find hope its worth it im an ex mini trucker dont know much about tuning so im needing help in this department

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Well..
Where I am located it is a good deal if the body is straight. Have you done a compression test on the motor? Also pull the plugs check em and double check that the wires are carrying a current. If your mechanically inclined you could pick it up and get a full rebuild kit from FJ.

Post pics of the ride

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Havent bought it yet wanted to make sure im not going to need a new engine before i just go and drop the money. unfortunately i dont have unlimited funds to dump into this thing any help that yall could give me would be great as im new to the whole tuner thing like i said X MINI TRUCKER

1 - 4 of 4 Posts