Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've currently got a Holset H1C turbo but I'm wondering everyones input on the best turbo for a D setup ranging from a stock motor to a fully built and sleeved motor. I'm sure everyone can learn from this thread. Thanks to all input

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
its pretty much a matter of opinion and what your goals are and how much you want to spend.

im going with a garrett gt28, but now looking back id rather have gone with a nice t3/t4 simply because id have a few more options without having to swap manifolds. if i build and engine, the turbo ill upgrade to will probably be a gt2876(r?) which will definately meet and excede my power goals but for lots of moolah. i guess im a garrett turbo fan lol

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
This thread would go on for ages with no real answer. The "best" turbo is all a matter of opinion and really then depends on the overall setup and goals...then you can factor in cost. I know what in my opinion the overall "best" turbo is (when it comes to power capability, overall powerban, total cost & flexibility) , but many would probably disagree. But that's not the same turbo I'd choose for an all out drag SOHC. So best is going to be hard to define.

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
too vague of a question. where do you want your power to start? power goals? lag? you can learn from the stickies and FAQ. is your next question "how many PSI a d-series can handle''?

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
1. identfiy your goals
2. analyze your pocket book
3. learn to read compressor maps
4. use search button on every site you visit
5. buy the turbo that suits YOU

/ thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts