93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You will need:
- A large mug per imbiber
-Two hot chocolate mix packets (per person), preferably dark
-Dark, spiced rum
-Freshly ground nutmeg
-REAL vanilla (not the fake crap, check the bottle, and if it doesn't cost at least $10 for a small bottle, it's likely crap and/or fake) extract
-Freshly ground cloves
-Mint chocolate squares (if you like mint chocolate)
-Tablespoon of Nutella
-Pinch of sea salt

Step One: Boil water.
Step Two: Add hot chocolate packet, rum, vanilla and ground spices into mug, stir until a paste is formed.
Step Three: Let the boiled water cool for a moment after it is boiled. Specifically, you want it to be under 180*F but not less than 150*F.
Step Four: Slowly add the water into the amazing flavor paste
Step Five: Add in the mint chocolate square, sea salt and Nutella, let melt into the hot, delicious liquid
Step Six: Stir, sip and enjoy

Trust me, this is going to the most amazing hottie chocolate you’ve ever had due to the power of SCIENCE! The rum is the magic. Alcohol binds flavors together in combinations unpossible without the hydro- and lipo-philic properties of alcohol. Normally, water can combine with certain flavors, but other flavors which are oil soluble can’t combine with the water soluble flavors. Alcohol magically can combine the flavors! Enjoy responsibly. ;)

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Pendleton Whiskey would be good, its sweet and buttery.

Some Maui Sweet Dark Rum would do too, its only to be had on the island though last I checked.

Nice science here Beave.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am all about chemistry in the kitchen. heh

Thanks for the recommendations. I will add them to the list of things to try, though that takes a while as I don't drink much and usually use alcohol to cook with more than straight drinking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts