·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
huh

·
Registered
280 Posts
that dosent sound right. its a D16Y8, with cold air intake and a stock exhaust? it seems it should be a bit higher than that.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

·
Banned
Above
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeh it seemed a bit low to me too.It was a 4th gear run.They did 3 runs.He had a bit of trouble cause it wanted to kick back into 3rd.

yup my y8 with intake and catback 105whp(78kw???)
I notice you have a Header and Fuel Pressure regulator too.They are my next 2 Mods (and Hi-flow cat)

iat sensor mod...........

A resistor in the IAT Sensor (Basically a bit of wire in the IAT Sensor).I know how this sounds but basically it tricks the computer-telling it that the air tempreture coming through the intake is 2 degrees lower than what it is therefore it compensates by giving it a bit more fuel.What I've heard is that 'anything that tricks your computer is not good'.But I haven't found anyone who can prove/show evidence it is detremental to your engine in the long run.I've heard it will burn out your Valves,but again no proof.It's not that I don't trust their judgement but with the resistor in there it makes the car that much more pepier-quicker of the mark.Any comments on this would be Great :TU: .

damn that number suck hmm weird that it has to be an automatic to lose that power maybe lack of torque if anything built that motor man!!!

Shit Yeh.Well now I got a base figure to build from.FUN FUN FUN.

Thanks Guys :D .

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
header is a good mod, FPR=useless and dont blow $$$ on it it came with my car.

also without a gauge(like mine was when Iwas dynoed)it was just cranked all the way down and car was runing SUPER rich(all done by previus owner.

as you can see the car dips into the 11:1 region on the AFR scale, thats BOOST teritory, should be 13.0 for good na power.that y8 had way more in it I just needed to tune it too bad it blew up :) heheheh.

·
Banned
Above
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^ Yeh it's Da Batmobile.Thank you.I'm lovin' that pic.Good to see my Baby on the Dyno.

I was told a FPR would be a good thing cause the engine is gettin' more air cause of the intake and exhaust so a bit more fuel would yield some gains???

Thanks a lot to Trav (Top Aussie) for organising the day through OZHONDA.Great turn out ,30 Honda's going VVVRRRROOOOMMMMMM VVVRRRROOOOMMMMMM.Lots o' fun.Oh yeh there was this BMW that was Dynoed at 348kW!! Dats 466 HP.It had this Hybrid thing in the engine from Germany,not a turbo or supercharger.Sorry that's all I know.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
hell no if anything you want less fuel. the stock honda fuel map is pretty rich and conservative to say the least.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts