Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My first post here in this lovely forum, back to tho topic...
I'm not kidding :D All the 7th Gen 2001-2005 Civics around here comes with a (This is a new one lol) D15Y2 block :hammer: It's probebley the best D15 ever for Forced induction!! :p it comes with 27mm compression height, 134mm rods, and a CR of 9.0:1... that just beggs to be turbo'ed!! anyway... But i'm thinking the other way around... I'm thinking BIG N/A, tell me what you think

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
if "It's probebley the best D15 ever for Forced induction!!"

then, i guess why would you not go that route?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
First i was set for an all-out D17 turbo project, Then i found out that it's a D15, Then i mesured the specs on my D15Y2, when i mesured i had no idea no other D15 had a 27mm piston compression height, and 9.0:1 CR... except the block of the hybird D17 which had a piston compression height of 27.5mm but a very high CR... I figured that the same parts that would of gone into the long forgoted D17 (200whp) turbo project, would get me very less horsepower on the D15... so 200 whp on a D17, would be 170 whp on a D15, so i didn't like the idea of adding a turbo on ma engine for just +70whp... Also, i wanted to enter the Natural Aspirated and the non-swaped 4 cyl class in our drag strip, so there goes the possibility of swaping the engine :hammer: so now i'm going for an all out natural aspirated high rpm D15 :TU:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My ultimate goal is to reach around 180-200 whp natural aspirated and it's going to be streetable... I'm going to post the specs later, but i wanted you to know what i'm going for :IHI:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wont even THINK about turbo... F/I is what makes people never spend the time researching thier engines :noway: anyways...
With an all-out diffrent block assembley... that would eliminate the stock block weakneses like the rods strength, CR, and R/S ratio just to name a few... exellent head work is all what it takes to reach above B engines power... and it's been proven before(Exospeed, Dh racing, etc...) need i say more? combine them all together to work as a system... then 180-200 whp wouldn't be that hard to achive :mikej:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts