Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got the FMU ripped out of there and its getting chipped right now. Have the 440s in and should be tuning it tomorrow, WOT and a very open road. Thanks for the help and enjoy (more to come of outside and of guage pod, need to wash it)

ar60 t3t4
wisecos
eagles
JDM Sport fmic
440cc turbo precision injectors
uberdata/obd1 converted
Dropzone coilovers and struts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
sweet...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after tune

no prob man, I'll post how it does afterward, for now I'm just happy that its together, timed and not leaking :p

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
i am not sure exactly how long those zip ties are going to last though

chris
are they on the header wrap...lol

if those are zip ties holding your header wrap on it will not work...

you need to either safty wire the wrap on or use some really good hose clamps cause the heat will destroy them allmost right away...

just a heads up man...

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
are they on the header wrap...lol

if those are zip ties holding your header wrap on it will not work...

you need to either safty wire the wrap on or use some really good hose clamps cause the heat will destroy them allmost right away...

just a heads up man...
They look more like metal ties to me... Temp dependant, they should hold fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
after tune

Right now its running at 211 ft/lbs torque. No idea on the hp, but I just raped a guy in a 07 SI, with a tuned k20. (stock they are 198hp)

Yes those are cable ties, and no they arent plastic. They are the stainless steel ones that come with the header wrap. They are rated to some insane ass spec, but 2300 miles since the build and they are still holding.

Also, it is an SSAC header. The turbo is a little large though, so I figured I would need all the exhaust flow that I could get to make it spool. The wrap is purported to keep exhaust flow up by not letting the exhaust cool while coming through the header. I checked under it the other day and there was no oxidation yet so as long as it holds I like it. Aside from all that it just looks cool.

Right now I am replacing the headbolts, with ARP head studs. (fuck yes they stretched!!!!) I also have the head in the machine shop for a deck and clean. From left to right facing the motor my compression is 185, 181, 176, and 165. Whatever anyone tells you IT IS NOT OK TO REUSE HEADBOLTS>. Some forums and how to's will tell you just to torque them down another 5lbs. This is crap because you need to torque them to where they will rebound. Over torque on them and they stretch (especially under 12lbs of boost) If you reuse your old headbolts you will wind up with a warped head and a leaking headgasket. (like me right now :p)

Otherwise the damned thing is terrific. I just put some 16" motegi's on it along with z rated potenza's and now the handling on my civic is something I can call awesome. I will put some pics of the exterior on tomorrow so you guys can see it.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the comments. (its nice to hear people who know about Hondas say "not bad man"

(save the D-series!)

·
ministry of mayhem!
5,673 Posts
me likey.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
chra is upside down?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts