Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'd like to publicly thank Dustin over at Performance porting for stepping up and backing us in 2012. We called him late last year to see what he could do for our d series build and he stepped up huge by supplying us with one of his ported heads. With the combination of this head and our new d series cam that we just released, we should be able to reach our goals this year.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh damn I cant wait! More info on the cam!

BTW I might have one of your customers interested in testing the cam vs his bisi cam. Customer: Elvin from queens Ny.
We're not going to release to much info on the cam as far as specs go, I'm sick and tired of seeing other companies copy each other and not put work in like we do. So we know if we put the specs out there it will be copied. With that being said, the cam makes power, it was designed for setups over 300hp and really performs well.

The cam was original only going to be produced for our build, but after talking to a bunch of our customers, we decided to sell them publicly.

wow thats a nice port job i might have to take my head to him.
I don't know to much of his situation but I was told he moved to Alaska and might not be doing heads for the public anymore, if anything we might toss a group buy together to make things easier on him. Unsure as of yet.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
We're not going to release to much info on the cam as far as specs go, I'm sick and tired of seeing other companies copy each other and not put work in like we do. So we know if we put the specs out there it will be copied. With that being said, the cam makes power, it was designed for setups over 300hp and really performs well.

The cam was original only going to be produced for our build, but after talking to a bunch of our customers, we decided to sell them publicly.
He made 470hp on 27psi from the spec turbo. Think it will make more?

·
Registered
52 Posts

I don't know to much of his situation but I was told he moved to Alaska and might not be doing heads for the public anymore, if anything we might toss a group buy together to make things easier on him. Unsure as of yet.
really that sucks he moved he wasnt that far from me. yeah that would be cool to do a group buy.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
This was with the bisi cam, if so which one ? If its the basic 2.4 cam, then yes it will, we've done our testings and seen it first hand.
Yes 2.4, he was thinking of going to the 3.6 but if this cam will make more power he might want to get it. Xenocron did the tuning.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
im just waiting on him to setup shop in Alaska, then im going to send him my a6 head to do a stage 4 port job on it.

Did he do a custom port job for you or is it a port job he offers?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sick head bro! Thats baller porting right there! Sucks he had to get out of the commercial game as he looks like he does some sick work.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im just waiting on him to setup shop in Alaska, then im going to send him my a6 head to do a stage 4 port job on it.

Did he do a custom port job for you or is it a port job he offers?
He did something a little different, but he has done this before on another head.

more info on the cam pls...when will it be for sale?
We're still kind of going back and forth on selling it to the public, we haven't made our minds up yet 100%

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would love to see what this cam makes and what the retail price might be on it. I've been wanting to replace my Zex cam for some time now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts