Honda D Series Forum banner

Testing interest: Tie bars

721 views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  1991rex 
#1 ·
ok so a while ago I made my own trunk bar and it was a fun little project, now that I look back on it My design could have been much better. now that ive finished physics and calc. I have a much better understanding of how forces act and how to resist them.

So Im currently in the design of my new tie bars for the trunk and lower rear.all of the angles and other math is in my notebook and I dont think trig really interest too many people lol.... so here is a rough sketch of how the bars would look.

notice no flex points and gussets for great strength unlike those cheap ass ebay bars that do nothing due to flex points.

they would be shipped in plain steel or painted any color you like for an extra 5 bucks.all of the bars would be filled with very stiff foam to give slightly more rigidity.

I will have a single bar welded together and fully finished in about 3-4 weeks(have to finish my swap first lol) then ill have pics of the real deal.

if interest is good i will fab up 5-10 rear lower bars and 2-3 trunk bars. if these sell I will start making many of them. I will make a jig to ensure accuracy and a good fit. the "test mule" will be for 96-00 civic since thats what I own. I will also have a few for the CRX guys. I need some people with EG coupes and an EK hatch in the new england area to fab for these cars you get a free tie bar :).

here is the old trunk bar, the new one is far superior in design and speed of fabling. everything will be made of 1" square tube and will use round bar around the bolts.

pic of the old bar

PRICE
For test bars I will be charging 40 shipped for the rear lower
trunk will be 70 shipped.
I REFUSE to accept payment in advance of what I have ready to ship out to avoid "where is my shit" fiascoes lol.

finished bars will cost a little more but the price will stay relatively cheap

when(I hope) sales are good I will make other bars such as strut tower bars that tie into the trunk and front lower bars.Im not making these right now because they are more difficult to fabricate and a jig would be more difficult to make due to the angles of the strut towers.

See less See more
#4 ·
no how its attached is under the carpet there are bolts that go onto your bumper support. you just jack up the car and remove the bolts then put the bar on and reinstall the bolts tq to to 75ft/lbs

this bridges the two sides of the trunk and makes it more rigid.

to other's: Some people have asked me on the trunk bar to move the two prices connecting the bars togetehr closet together to make a perfect bottle mount for the spray :). all I need is the width you want :).

#8 ·
looks like ill have to fab some up sooner then I though hahahha.

expect the "test" pice done in about 2 weeks.

I can only curently make bars for 96-00 civic coupes or a CRX.

the bars for 92-00 civic is the same so it will fit. not sure on the delsol tho...

#9 ·
I would like a trunk brace for a 92-00.

#10 ·
defienty have enough interest. Ill get to work fabing the trunk bar up.

#11 ·
Yes I would like first dibs on a trunk bar please. I could use it for autocross.

Pm me when you have one done, and let me know payment information. I will not need it painted...I kind of like the mild steel plain look lol.

#12 ·
will do man. the trunk should be much quicker.

#14 ·
yup ill make one as an exaple, if you guys aprove Ill make a jig and start cranking them out :).

#18 ·
got some steel lol

#20 ·
I've been looking for the lower for my 94 ej. Will the $40 shipped come painted or unpainted?

#21 ·
no paint plain steel.

#25 ·
so is this happening or not?

#26 ·
college stuff is kicking my ass :( Im runing around so much its CRAZY

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.