Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tested my injectors with a stethoscope and couldn't hear any clicking. Is it real transparent and easy to hear if you have good injectors? I've been turning over the battery quite a few times to check for spark, etc. . I'm thinking about fully charging the battery and trying it again. The battery voltage was at like 12.06 when I tested it. I need a charger anyway.

C

·
0 Posts
The clicking is usually very obvious. Sometimes people confuse it with valves tapping.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
yeah :) really true ! many people confuse it with valves tapping.

stetoscope would be very nice ! better than screwdriver :p

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just had someone turn it over while I listened with a stethoscope and I def. didn't hear any clicking. Only thing I heard was a whiring/winding sound.

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
interesting. the injectors should definatly click. Try to hear it when you FIRST turn the key (when the fuel pump turns on) that should make some decent noise. If not, probable cause may be your ecu if all of them are not working. If they click but dont fire, another thing that MAY cause this is a bad dizzy.

Also try to see if you can get it started on ether, if not that may give you an idea where to start (dizzy most likley)

Just some things to look into.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, the car won't start ( I didn't say that, but anyway it won't start). I've had the stethospcoce on the injectors when the key was turned to the ON position and they def. don't click. Well I put a noid light on the injector connectors and the light didn't come on while I had someone turn it over. The inj. connector is getting 12 volts. Since the noid light didn't come on I'm guessing there's an open or short between the ecu and inj. connector. I'm going to test for continuity today.

It's getting spark, 180psi across all cylinders. Oh yeah, ether started it right. When ether helps it's fuel right?

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
yes. when you get the car to run off of ether, then you can rule out the air/timing compression, and spark. that leaves for fuel. Do you have any cel's?

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, cool that's what I tought. I'm not throwing ant CEL's. The check engine flashes when you turn the key to the ON position, that means the ecu's good right. Never mind, cause it started with ehter so.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts