Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an HF dizzy that i'm useing on my mpfi swap and i'm getting code #9.
so i tested the resistance at the cyl postion wires on the dizzy and got 0.00ohms. this means i have a bad cyl positon sensor right??

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i thought they were inductive sensors? meaning they should be normal wires... aka no resistance.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hmm i am going by a mitchel book hmm i dun know what could be wrong... i switched the wires and the code didn't come back but seemed like it was running on 2 cylinders. with the wires the other way i had an erratic idle even with the IAC unplugged and had no power till i got past 3k

hmm i wonder if there was something on the mangnet if that would set a code and idle up and down till about 3k?far fetched?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also i'm useing an Si ecu could this be causeing my problems??

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i haven't looked at a wiring diagram, so take this with a grain of salt...BUT,

inductive sensors, work by delivering a voltage spike in the positive, then negative direction. If you switch the wires, then it goes in the reverse... negative then positive.

Electronics parts usually sense a positive slope (voltage increasing) or a negative slope (voltage decreasing), but not BOTH. So if the wires are in the wrong direction, then some sort of timing might be off slightly...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:wtf: even with the cyl pos sensor it runs the same and i still have the same stubling problem till i hit WOT or it idleing

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I find it very hard to belive that nobody here knows anything about MPFI swaps and trouble shooting the problems that may come up besides Makku and a few others

1 - 8 of 8 Posts