Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a good way to test an amp. i've got an old fosgate layin around and i wan't to know if it's ony good so i can put it in my integra.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Heres what you do: read the name of the amp, which you just did--- Rockford Fosgate. Its a good amp! lol Unless you touched + to -, the amp is fine. Hook it up and to a spare speaker to hear for noise(humming, engine noise with rpms). RF amps are GREAT amps, I've owned a few and they just pump out great sound.

If your really bored, take a ohm meter to the speaker outputs to test the ohm loads(i.e. unbridged- 4ohm, bridged- 1-2ohms). Also take into consideration what type of amp it is--class A, B and D.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
you just need 12v across the B+ and remote terminals. then a ground. then some rcas. then a speaker. then listen. its hard to do unless you have a test bench set up.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yup - you'll need to just temporarily hook it up in the car and see. Your ears will hafta tell you.

Unless you got a bench 12V power supply, a signal generator, and o'scope - then you can really check it out...

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup - you'll need to just temporarily hook it up in the car and see. Your ears will hafta tell you.

Unless you got a bench 12V power supply, a signal generator, and o'scope - then you can really check it out...
so what scale ane timeframe would i set me scope to? i've got a scope but i've never seen one used for an amp test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts