Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a Skunk2 test pipe for my girlfriends EG hatch and when I got it, it said 88-91 civic/crx on the box. But on the reciept it shows that I ordered a 92-95 pipe.

So the question. Will it work at all or am I going to have to send it back?

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol. Well, I looked on Skunk2's website and they dont even make a test pipe for 88-91 civics. So I went on to the website I bought it off of and they don't even have 88-91 civic test pipes available so I figure that the tag on the outside of the box was wrong. I know for sure it's an actual Skunk2 product so I won't worry about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Skunk2 has great stuff... I'm glad to see you went with that. I've got MagnaFlow t pipe... you want to trade?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read a dyno comparison on test pipes/ high flow cats in a magazine and they actually used a single cam civic. The first high flow cat made about 2 extra HP the second one made about 3 extra HP and the test pipe made about 5 extra HP. I'm not sure if it'll pass emissions. I'm just going to get a cat off of some random car and weld some flanges on it and whenever I gotta go do emissions i'll throw it on there real quick, pass, then go home and change it back.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
No a test pipe will not pass emmisions, but a high flow cat will. A catylic converter uses platinum and rodium enzymes to break down your environmentally hurtful carbon into more environmentally friendly emissions. I believe 1/2 0xygen because its diatomic and Carbon which is also diatomic. This is how you get CO2. Anyway a test pipe makes twice the power or frees up twice the power as a high flow cat. Its alot better flowing of a piece but it wont pass emmisions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts