Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
the BUS
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im making 280whp and around 250 tq

i was at the track yesterday and first time i run this car.

i kept running a consistent 14.12

im at 14 psi

only problem i see was a little too much wheel spin out the hole.

reason im so disapointed is because ive ran cars on the highway that run in the high 12 second times and i always beat em.

so why at the track am i so slow??

14 is terrible ive seen non boosted guys with intake header and exhaust running 14.5 all day!!??

ill post pictures of one of the slips in a bit

·
Registered
256 Posts
Slicks or street tires?

Im assuming street tires.. with a 2.2 60ft or worse..

Try slicks and check back :)

·
Registered
88 Sedan
87 Posts
I borrowed some slicks for my ef sedan, Tires may knock off more than a second for you, as I was launching at 5500 rpm+ and just left the line with no problems.

(Most) Street tires may as well be covered in goop at a drag strip.

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
Horrible times indeed :^p Rene D is about to hit 12s in his all motor D powered street car..

Seriously though, you should be able to get that 2.3x 60 down with a better technique, but I'd say throw some slicks on her. Even if you just get that 2.3 closer to 2.0, you'll have your 13.50 our Damn close.

·
Registered
the BUS
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Horrible times indeed :^p Rene D is about to hit 12s in his all motor D powered street car..

Seriously though, you should be able to get that 2.3x 60 down with a better technique, but I'd say throw some slicks on her. Even if you just get that 2.3 closer to 2.0, you'll have your 13.50 our Damn close.
yeah, i was so excited to get my slip every time i ran that on the return lanes i always drove right by the weight station. i am really curious to see what my car weighs with me in it. its a 95 intergra stock ls with ls tranny all original and i still have working a/c (cold as hell lol) and power steering.

im going to borrow some slicks if times improve a big deal i will buy a set. i was launchign at 3500 and still spinning. brought it down to 3000 rpm and was better but when i hit full boost in first it spun all the way to redline again.

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
I didn't know we were discussing a dual cam. Now I'm REALLY gonna talk shit.. jk And remember, right foot= traction control!!!! I'm also curious to see how much your times improve with slicks. Good luck

·
Registered
the BUS
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ill post a vid. it wasnt an out of control spin at launch. thats why im so lost and disapointed. although i know with slicks and good traction i could launch much higher. and by all means... you may talk shyt lol. i will not be offended. i take criticism as advise lol

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Remember just because you "ran cars on the highway that run in the high 12 second times and i always beat em," doesn't mean your car will run in the 12's also. A highway pull is much different than 1/4 mile run. One slip up and your time can be much different.

Slicks will help, but you are still in a stock weight Integra with LS transmission. If you were in a stripped out civic with better transmission then you would easily be in the 13's.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
so stock weight and street tires is whats killing me i guess.
You have about a 2600lb + what you weigh. My brother's mazdaspeed3 is about 280hp stock and weighs about 3000lbs, it can run a mid 14 if it has a good launch. Figure yours weighs 200lbs less and has a little more power, makes sense yours would run low 14's to high 13's on street tires. If you get smaller diameter slick also, that will help make up for your LS transmission. If you get larger than stock diameter it starts working against you.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Learn how to pre-load your suspension, that will drastically help launching and your 60 ft. Especially on street tires.

·
Registered
88 Sedan
87 Posts
seat time will help a lot.

.6xx R/T is rather slow. i deem anything slower then .500 too slow. though id like to see .1xx .000 even better lol so just practice geting off the line(slicks would help too) and you will drop half a second.
I fail to see how a better r/t is going to directly affect ET?
Disclaimer: Not being an ass or sarcastic.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts