Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a te04h, can anyone tell me which lines are coolant, oil, and vaccum., thanks

[/img]

·
Registered
137 Posts
that came off a turbo dodge didnt it?

I have one of those pieces of shit in my barn. god those turbo's suck ass. If you paid more than $5 for that thing you overpaid :p

j/k I dont know which lines are for oil and coolant; it should be blatantly obvious which ones are for vaccum/boost control. If you cant figure that out then... umm.... yeah...

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
man where have i seen that turbo before...lol. i forget how all the lines are ran on my rx-7 but it has a external wastegate too if that matters? tell ya what i will try and do if i remember/get a chance. i will try and find the repair manual for that car at work if we have it and it will tell you where everything goes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
ive used the same turbo on my setup.... You will have to rotate the housing for oil to drain. They arent as bad as everybody says unless you are looking for high hp numbers. Its a very streetable turbo with little lag.

you see the big pipe with the 2 bolt flange, that of course is the oil return. The opposite end of the return has a small hole and that is the oil inlet. The other two are coolant and they dont matter in what order you run them. I had major traction issues when i ran this turbo and when i hit third the clutch slipped :roll: . They are also easy to rebuilt, if you run your oil return properly you prolly will not have to rebuilt it thou.

now im going the all-motor route.

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
oldschoolteg said:
ive used the same turbo on my setup.... You will have to rotate the housing for oil to drain. They arent as bad as everybody says unless you are looking for high hp numbers. Its a very streetable turbo with little lag.

you see the big pipe with the 2 bolt flange, that of course is the oil return. The opposite end of the return has a small hole and that is the oil inlet. The other two are coolant and they dont matter in what order you run them. I had major traction issues when i ran this turbo and when i hit third the clutch slipped :roll: . They are also easy to rebuilt, if you run your oil return properly you prolly will not have to rebuilt it thou.

he's right. as far as the vaccum i have no idea

·
Registered
162 Posts
FMIDRC Racer said:
oldschoolteg said:

he's right. as far as the vaccum i have no idea
i ended up using the ghetto carb spring method since my wastegate was weak, so i blocked off the vacuum nipples. When i rode around with a weak wastegate the car wouldnt make boost till like 5 grand; that was fun :wink: it was like vtec X20

1 - 8 of 8 Posts