Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving my car around during last few days after the new engine was put in. before this I've had overheating problem but now i just found out when i drive the car around 100-120 KM in highway, the coolant temperature goes down to lower than the normal operation temperature!!! it doesn't drop a lot but it goes down for a bit which was a bit strange for me!

is this normal? :confused:

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Eh.....how cold is it where u live.....mine drops all the time.....when i get on it on the morning....if it goes to low...i let off the throttle...it eventually gets warm enough where iit wont matter anymore.....but normal crusing on very cold days....the smashing on it...it will drop some....then agian...i have a Dual Core Rad, and 180F thermo....anyways, as long as Vtec kicks in...."if you have it" then your engine is not to cold to operate...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here is hot and humid so i don't think it is because of outside temperature. when i drive it in highway with 100 ~ 120 KM speed, temperature would drop to somewhere a little bit lower than this photo:

the normal temperature is like this photo:

I have changed to a double layer radiator and all the hoses, thermoswitch and thermostat are new. is it normal for it to drop while operating? is it something that i should be concerned about? :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts